Online Price Guarantee Terms and Conditions
- From 9 October 2017 to 31 December 2018, Spree Credit Cardholder who buys a Covered Item from the Internet and pays for it using the Spree Credit Card ("Credit Card") and within 30 calendar days of the date of purchase, finds the exact item being offered at a lower price on another website, AXA will reimburse 50% of the price difference up to S$250 per Covered Item to the Cardholder, provided always that:
- The minimum price difference between the Purchase Price paid for the Covered Item and the lower price of the same exact item found on another website is S$50.
- Our maximum liability per Cardholder / Cardholders for the Period of Insurance is S$1,000.
- The Covered Item must be paid entirely with the Credit Card.
- The item with the lower price must be exactly the same as the Covered Item that the Cardholder / Cardholders has bought, including its size, make and model number and produced by the same manufacturer, attachments and accessories.
- The item with the lower price must be discovered from the Internet within 30 days of the date of purchase of the Covered Item as indicated on the Credit Card receipt.
- The online advertisement of the item with the lower price must be printed on the same day of discovery and submitted as proof of loss at the point of claim. The printed advertisement must show the date it is printed, merchant's Internet address, the advertised price and details of the item, including the make and model number and the manufacturer.
- The price difference must not include any applicable taxes, storage, shipping, handling and postage charges.
- Where the Covered Item is purchased in a foreign currency from the online store, the item with the lower price on another website must also be published in that same foreign currency, notwithstanding the amount reflected in the Credit Card statement is in Singapore dollars.
- A Covered Item that the Cardholder / Cardholders buys as gift is covered under the Policy. In the event a price difference is discovered, only the Cardholder / Cardholders, not the recipient of the gift, shall be entitled to a claim under this Policy.
- AXA are not liable for any claims resulting from:
- Price difference due to rebates, special offers, bulk purchase (of more than 3 exact items) or offered as part of a special deal involving other items or benefits (eg buy one get one free).
- Price difference due to sales tax, storage, shipping, handling, postage, insurance, and transportation costs
- Price difference due to foreign exchange rates.
- Price difference that is conditional on cash payment.
- Price difference due to employee discounts or any retailer membership or rewards program.
- The items listed below:
- Consumable and perishable items including liquor, household products, medication, fuel and cosmetics.
- Jewelry (does not include watches), one of a kind items and articles made of or containing gold or other precious metals or precious stones.
- Handheld communication devices (including mobile phones, PDAs or laptops) software and digital downloads including music, movies, books and mobile apps.
- Any electrical appliances except when the online purchase is made in Singapore and compared against an online retailer in Singapore.
- Antiques, collectibles, art or any used, recycled or previously owned items.
- Negotiable instruments, traveler checks, precious coins or stamps, trading cards and tickets of any kind.
- Motorised vehicles including their motors, equipment or accessories.
- Services of any kind including hotel room bookings, travel tickets and tour packages.
- Items purchased for resale, professional or commercial use.
- Items purchased from Internet auction sites.
- Items purchased prior to the commencement date of the Policy.
- Items that are prohibited in Singapore.
- In the event of an occurrence that may lead to a claim under this Policy, the Cardholder / Cardholders must do the following:
- Give written notice of the claim to us immediately, in any case, not later than 24 hours upon discovery of a cheaper price of the same item on another website.
- Submit the following documentation as proof of loss to us no later than 7 days of claim notification:
- The completed and signed Claim Form which is obtainable from the AXA website.
- The Credit Card statement showing the entire Purchase Price.
- The original Credit Card receipt as evidence of the Purchase Price and the original warranty for the item, if any.
- Details of the merchant's Internet address that advertises the item with the lower price, their Business Registration No and Customer Service telephone number.
- A printed version of the online advertisement must show date of advertisement and details of the item with the lower price, including the make and model number and the advertised price.
- The following conditions apply over and above the "Coverage Conditions" set out under Section 2 of this Policy.
- Due Diligence
The Cardholder / Cardholders shall observe, comply and fulfill the terms, conditions and exclusions of the Policy in so far as they relate to anything to be done or complied with. If the Cardholder / Cardholders fails to observe, comply or fulfill any of the terms, provisions, conditions and exclusions of the Policy, We are not liable to make any payment under the Policy.
Any fraud, mis-statement or concealment in respect of this insurance or of any claim hereunder shall render the Policy null and void and any benefit due hereunder shall be or become forfeited.
- Other Insurance
If the Cardholder / Cardholders is entitled to make a claim under another insurance policy in respect of the same loss as the claim under this Policy, then we will be liable only for the amount of the price difference in excess of the amount covered under such other insurance, and subject to the terms, conditions and exclusions as set out in this Policy.
- Payment of Benefits
In the event of a claim payment, the benefit will be paid directly to the Credit Card account of the Cardholder / Cardholders.
For claims incurred in a foreign currency, we will convert the amount into Singapore dollars at the exchange rate to be determined by us at our sole discretion on the date of occurrence.
- Due Diligence
- Consequential Loss
We do not pay for consequential or incidental loss or damage of any kind.
- Sanction & Limitations Clause
Under no circumstances shall this insurance contract be deemed to provide cover and no liability be incurred to pay any claim or provide any benefit hereunder to the extent that the provision of such cover, payment of such claim or provision of such benefit would expose us to any sanction, prohibition, or restriction under United Nations resolutions or the trade or economic sanctions, laws or regulations of the European Union, United Kingdom, United States of America or Singapore.
What Is Not Covered
Filing A Claim
The following exclusions apply over and above "What is not covered" set out under point 3 of the Terms and Conditions.