Important - Legal Notice Online Terms & Conditions
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS AND THE WEBSITE PRIVACY STATEMENT CAREFULLY BEFORE USING ANY ONLINE SERVICES OR THIS WEB SITE. IF IN DOUBT, PLEASE SEEK PROFESSIONAL ADVICE.
THIS IS OR WILL FORM A LEGALLY BINDING AGREEMENT BETWEEN YOU AND STANDARD CHARTERED BANK (SINGAPORE) LIMITED (THE "BANK") ESTABLISHING THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS UNDER WHICH THIS WEB SITE OR ANY ONLINE SERVICE MAY BE USED. USE OF ANY ONLINE SERVICE IMPLIES THAT YOU HAVE ACCEPTED THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
IF YOU DO NOT ACCEPT THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, PLEASE DO NOT ACCESS THIS WEB SITE AND DO NOT USE THE ONLINE SERVICES.
Standard Chartered Bank (Singapore) Limited is incorporated in Singapore with its registered address at 8 Marina Boulevard, #27-01 Marina Bay Financial Centre, Singapore 018981.
Jurisdiction And Restriction
The Bank controls and maintains this Web Site from Singapore. The materials and information contained in this section of this Web Site, relating to Singapore, is directed at and restricted to individuals resident in or entities having a place of business in Singapore ONLY. The Bank makes no representation that the materials and information contained herein is appropriate or available for use in other locations / jurisdictions.
These Terms and Conditions are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Singapore and any dispute relating thereto shall be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Singapore.
Products And Services
This Web Site does not constitute an offer or solicitation on the part of the Bank to provide any products or services described therein to any person to whom it is unlawful to make such offer or solicitation or where the local law or regulation does not permit the purchase of, subscription for or otherwise use of such products or services. If in doubt, you should check with your Local Regulator or Authority or Professional Advisor before using any such products or services. BY PROCEEDING TO READ THIS INFORMATION, YOU ARE AGREEING AND CONFIRMING THAT YOU DO NOT RESIDE IN, OR ARE NOT PROPOSING TO PURCHASE OR SUBSCRIBE FOR ANY PRODUCTS OR SERVICES FROM, ANY JURISDICTION OUTSIDE SINGAPORE. IF THIS IS NOT THE CASE, PLEASE CLICK THE "BACK" BUTTON ON YOUR BROWSER.
Products and services are available only in a particular location at the sole discretion of the Bank or the relevant Standard Chartered Bank Group company or associate, subject to the individual terms and conditions on which they are offered and such products and services may be withdrawn or amended at any time without notice. The full range of products or services may not be available in all locations. Fees, commissions or other charges may apply to certain products or services - the office providing the products or services can provide details.
Transactions with any office of Standard Chartered Bank outside the United Kingdom, or with any other Standard Chartered Bank Group company or associates outside the United Kingdom, are not protected by the United Kingdom's regulatory regime. Transactions with offices of non-group companies referred to in this Web Site will not normally be so protected unless otherwise indicated.
Materials And Information
Materials and information contained in this Web Site should not be regarded as an offer or solicitation to buy or sell any products or services in any country to any person to whom it is unlawful to make such an offer or solicitation. For materials or information relating to any external third parties or their products or services, it is re-transmitted by the Bank in the ordinary course of business to you for information and reference only. The Bank, its officers, employees, and agents do not devise, select, add to, modify or otherwise exercise control over the contents of this Web Site, and do not accept any responsibility whatsoever for it nor do they be regarded as having endorsed such material or information or any part thereof.
Materials, information, marks and logos contained in or displayed on this Web Site are protected by intellectual property rights under applicable laws. No part of these material, information, marks and logos may be modified, reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, transmitted, copied, distributed or used in any other way for any commercial or public purposes without the written permission of the Bank or the party owing these material, information, marks and logos.
WHILST EVERY CARE HAS BEEN TAKEN IN PREPARING THE MATERIALS AND INFORMATION CONTAINED IN THIS WEB SITE, SUCH MATERIALS AND INFORMATION ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" BASIS WITHOUT REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY REGARDING NON-INFRINGEMENT, SECURITY, ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PURPOSE OR FREEDOM FROM COMPUTER VIRUSES IS GIVEN IN CONNECTION WITH SUCH MATERIALS AND INFORMATION.
THE MATERIALS AND INFORMATION CONTAINED IN THIS WEB SITE ARE PROVIDED FOR GENERAL INFORMATION ONLY AND SHOULD NOT BE USED AS A BASIS FOR MAKING DECISIONS. ANY ADVICE OR INFORMATION RECEIVED VIA THIS WEB SITE SHOULD NOT BE RELIED UPON WITHOUT CONSULTING PRIMARY OR MORE ACCURATE OR MORE UP-TO-DATE SOURCES OF INFORMATION OR SPECIFIC PROFESSIONAL ADVICE. YOU ARE RECOMMENDED TO OBTAIN SUCH PROFESSIONAL ADVICE WHERE APPROPRIATE.
GEOGRAPHIC, POLITICAL, ECONOMIC, STATISTICAL, FINANCIAL AND EXCHANGE RATE DATA ARE PRESENTED IN CERTAIN CASES IN APPROXIMATE OR SUMMARY OR SIMPLIFIED FORM AND MAY CHANGE OVER TIME. RELIANCE HAS BEEN PLACED BY THE EDITORS ON CERTAIN SUCH DATA OBTAINED EXTERNALLY STATISTICAL DATA WHICH, THOUGH BELIEVED TO BE CORRECT, MAY NOT IN FACT BE ACCURATE. THE BANK ACCEPTS NO LIABILITY FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE ARISING DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY (INCLUDING SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL LOSS OR DAMAGE) FROM ACTION TAKEN, OR NOT TAKEN, BY OR FOR YOU OR OTHERWISE, IN RELIANCE ON MATERIALS OR INFORMATION CONTAINED IN THIS WEB SITE. IN PARTICULAR, NO WARRANTY IS GIVEN THAT ANY MATERIALS, INFORMATION OR DATA CONTAINED IN THIS WEB SITE ARE ACCURATE, RELIABLE OR UP-TO-DATE.
THE BANK ACCEPTS NO LIABILITY AND WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE ARISING DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY (INCLUDING SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL LOSS OR DAMAGE) FROM YOUR USE OF THIS WEB SITE, HOWSOEVER ARISING, INCLUDING ANY LOSS, DAMAGE OR EXPENSE ARISING FROM, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY DEFECT, ERROR, IMPERFECTION, FAULT, MISTAKE OR INACCURACY WITH THIS WEB SITE, ITS CONTENTS OR ASSOCIATED SERVICES, OR DUE TO ANY UNAVAILABILITY OF THE WEB SITE OR ANY PART THEREOF OR ANY CONTENTS OR ASSOCIATED SERVICES, WHERE SUCH EVENTS AROSE OUT OF CIRCUMSTANCES OUTSIDE THE BANK'S REASONABLE CONTROL.
PLEASE NOTE THAT ANY SOFTWARE DOWNLOADED FROM THIS WEB SITE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK AND THE BANK NEITHER ASSUMES NOR ACCEPTS LIABILITY FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE (WHETHER DIRECT OR INDIRECT), HOWSOEVER CAUSED, AS A RESULT OF ANY COMPUTER VIRUSES, TROJAN HORSES, WORMS, SOFTWARE BOMBS OR SIMILAR ITEMS OR PROCESSES ARISING FROM YOUR USE OF THIS WEB SITE, WHERE SUCH EVENTS AROSE OUT OF CIRCUMSTANCES OUTSIDE THE BANK'S REASONABLE CONTROL.
ANY HYPERTEXT LINK FROM THIS WEB SITE EXIST FOR INFORMATION PURPOSES AND ARE FOR YOUR CONVENIENCE ONLY AND THE BANK ACCEPTS NO LIABILITY FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE ARISING DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY (INCLUDING SPECIFIC, INCIDENTIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL LOSS OR DAMAGE) FROM THE ACCURACY OR OTHERWISE OF MATERIALS OR INFORMATION CONTAINED ON THE PAGES OF SUCH SITES OR LOSS ARISING DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY FROM DEFECTS WITH SUCH SITES LINKED. THE BANK'S INCLUSION OF HYPERLINKS DOES NOT IMPLY ANY ENDORSEMENT OF THE MATERIALS ON SUCH SITES LINKED.
THE BANK DOES NOT GUARANTEE THAT ANY E-MAILS FROM THE WEB SITE WILL BE SENT TO YOU OR RECEIVED BY THE BANK NOR DOES THE BANK WARRANT THE PRIVACY AND/OR SECURITY OF E-MAILS DURING INTERNET TRANSMISSION WHICH IS OUTSIDE THE BANK'S REASONABLE CONTROL. THE BANK ACCEPTS NO LIABILITY FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE ARISING DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY (INCLUDING SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL LOSS OR DAMAGE) FROM FAILURE OF ANY INTERNET TRANSMISSION (INCLUDING E-MAILS CORRESPONDENCE) FROM THIS WEB SITE OR OTHERWISE.
Unless restricted by applicable laws, you agree that any and all personal information/data relating to you collected by the Bank from this Web Site may from time to time be used and disclosed for such purposes and to such persons as may be in accordance with the Bank's prevailing Website Privacy Statement as amended from time to time.
A copy of the Bank's current Website Privacy Statement may be obtained by clicking here
The price of securities can and does fluctuate, and any individual security may experience upward or downward movements, and may even become valueless. There is an inherent risk that losses may be incurred rather than profit made as a result of buying and selling securities.
The risk of loss in trading futures contracts or options can be substantial. In some circumstances, you may sustain losses in excess of your initial margin funds. Placing contingent orders, such as "stop-loss" or "stop-limit" orders, will not necessarily achieve the desired results. Market conditions may make it impossible to execute such orders. You may be called upon at short notice to deposit additional margin funds. If the required funds are not provided within the prescribed time, your position may be liquidated. You will remain liable for any resulting deficit in your account. You should therefore study and understand futures contracts and options before you trade and carefully consider whether such trading is suitable in the light of your own investment objectives, financial circumstances, tolerance to risks and investment experience.
You should also read any risk disclosure statement contained in any particular investment product you intend to purchase, subscribe or trade. If in doubt, please seek specific professional advice.
YOU HEREBY AGREE TO INDEMNIFY AND TO KEEP THE BANK FULLY AND EFFECTIVELY INDEMNIFIED AGAINST ANY ACTION, LIABILITY, COST, CLAIM, LOSS, DAMAGE, PROCEEDING OR EXPENSE (INCLUDING LEGAL FEES, COSTS AND EXPENSES ON A FULL INDEMNITY BASIS) SUFFERED OR INCURRED BY THE BANK ARISING FROM OR WHICH IS DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY RELATED TO:
The Bank may terminate these terms and conditions, your access to this Web Site and use of online services at any time, without prior notice to you.
The Bank reserves the right in its discretion to change at any time without prior warning or notice any information or material contained on this Web Site and is entitled to from time to time amend the terms and conditions under which this Web Site is used with prior notice to you. If you continue to access to this Web Site or use any of the online services after such modification, you are regarded to have agreed to be bound by such modified information, material, and terms and conditions.
Intellectual Property Rights
All contents of this Web Site including but not limited to the texts, graphics, links and sounds are the copyright of Standard Chartered PLC and may not be copied, downloaded, distributed or published in any way without the prior written consent of Standard Chartered PLC.
"Standard Chartered", "Standard Chartered Bank", , are registered trade marks and service marks of Standard Chartered PLC and no permission or license is granted to use any such trade marks or service marks without the prior written consent of Standard Chartered PLC. All other marks, names and logos used on this Web Site relating to companies within the Standard Chartered Bank Group or to their products or services are the intellectual property rights held by companies within the Standard Chartered Bank Group unless otherwise stated.
In relation to any information or materials which you submit to the Bank using this Web Site, you hereby grant to the Bank a worldwide royalty-free perpetual licence of the copyright and intellectual property rights in such information or materials for any purpose it deems including, without limitation, the copying, transaction, distribution and publication thereof, unless restricted by applicable laws.
You agree that the Bank shall not be under any obligation of confidentiality to you regarding any such information or material submitted to it using this Web Site unless agreed otherwise in a separate direct contract between you and Standard Chartered Bank or required by applicable laws.
You acknowledge that the contents of the foregoing provisions shall not limit any specific provisions set out in the individual terms and conditions of particular products and services offered on or through this Web Site.
Terms and Conditions for the use of the Standard Chartered touch login service
- These terms and conditions ("Terms") apply to and regulate your use of the Standard Chartered touch login service provided by Standard Chartered Bank (Singapore) Limited (“the Bank" or “we” or “Standard Chartered”). By undergoing the registration process to use the Standard Chartered touch login service, or using the Standard Chartered touch login service, you accept and agree to these Terms. If you do not accept these Terms, please stop accessing or using the Standard Chartered touch login service.
- The Standard Chartered touch login service is a service where you may use your fingerprint registered on a permitted mobile device in lieu of your Standard Chartered online/mobile banking username and password as a security code to confirm your identity to access the Bank’s mobile banking services.
The Standard Chartered touch login service is provided as part of the Bank’s electronic banking services, and accordingly:
- these Terms are in addition to and shall be read in conjunction with the Bank’s Customer Terms and any other documents forming part of our banking agreement (and any reference to the terms and conditions of the Customer Terms shall include reference to these Terms); the Customer Terms may be accessed at https://www.sc.com/sg/personal-banking-terms-conditions.html;
- the meaning of key words printed like this and other words used in our banking agreement is explained in our Customer Terms. Some additional key words which apply to the services referred to in these Terms are explained at the end of these Terms; and
- in the event of any conflict or inconsistency, these Terms shall prevail over the Customer Terms and to the extent of such conflict or inconsistency.
You acknowledge and agree that in order to use the Standard Chartered touch login service:
- You must be a valid user of our mobile banking services;
- You must install our mobile app using a permitted mobile device;
- You will need to activate the fingerprint recognition function on your permitted mobile device and register at least one of your fingerprints to control access to the permitted mobile device;
- You will be required to undergo a registration process using your Standard Chartered online/mobile banking username and password to choose to use the fingerprints you store on your permitted mobile device for accessing our mobile banking services; upon the successful registration process, the fingerprints stored on your permitted mobile device will be a security code;;
- You must ensure that only your fingerprints are stored on your permitted mobile device to access the device and you understand that upon the successful registration of your permitted mobile device, any fingerprint that is stored on your permitted mobile device can be used to access mobile banking including access to your accounts; and
- You should ensure the security of the security codes as well as the password or code that you can use to register your fingerprints on the permitted mobile device.
- You may still choose to access the mobile app using your Standard Chartered online/mobile banking username and password.
- Each time the mobile app detects the use of a fingerprint registered on a permitted mobile device on which on which you have registered for the Standard Chartered touch login service to access our mobile banking services or authorise transactions, you are deemed to have accessed the mobile banking services and/or instructed us to perform such transactions as the case may be.
- You acknowledge that the authentication is performed by the mobile app by interfacing with the fingerprint authentication module on the permitted mobile device and that you agree to the authentication process.
- You can deactivate the Standard Chartered touch login service at any time using the left navigation menu of the mobile app once you are signed in.
- If you inform us that the security of your fingerprints or other security code has been compromised, we may require you to change the security code, re-register your fingerprints or cease the use of the Standard Chartered touch login service.
- You acknowledge and agree that, for the purposes of the Standard Chartered touch login service, the mobile app will be accessing the fingerprint registered in your permitted mobile device, and you hereby consent to the Bank accessing and using such information for the provision of the Standard Chartered touch login service.
- You understand the need to protect your permitted mobile device and shall be responsible for all use of your permitted mobile device (whether authorised by you or otherwise) to access the Standard Chartered touch login service.
In addition to and without subtracting the disclaimers and exclusions of liability in the Customer Terms:
- You understand that the fingerprint authentication module of the permitted mobile device is not provided by the Bank, and we make no representation or warranty as to the security of the fingerprint authentication function of any permitted mobile device and whether it works in the way that the manufacturer of the device represents.
- We do not represent or warrant that the Standard Chartered touch login service will be accessible at all times, or function with any electronic equipment, software, infrastructure or other electronic banking services that we may offer from time to time
- Unless a law prohibits us from excluding or limiting our liability, we are not liable for any loss you incur in connection with the use or attempted use of the Standard Chartered touch login service, or your instructions, or any unauthorised transactions through or in connection with the Standard Chartered touch login service.
- You shall indemnify us from all loss and damage which we may incur in connection with any improper use of the Standard Chartered touch login service.
Meaning of words
permitted mobile devicemeans Apple iPhone 5s or higher / Samsung Galaxy S6 / Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus / Samsung Galaxy Note 5 and such other electronic equipment that we may enable for use with the Standard Chartered touch login service from time to time and includes the operating system or software that the device operates on. Please contact us for the current list of such electronic equipment.
COPYRIGHT © STANDARD CHARTERED BANK 2016.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.