Standard Chartered in the Americas - General Facts
- We employ 1,100 people in the Americas representing 35 nationalities. 43% of employees are women.
- We are the world's seventh largest U.S. Dollar clearer, averaging $230 billion per day.
- We facilitate trade and investment flows between the Americas and the Group’s core geographies of Asia, Africa, and the Middle East, focusing on financial institutions and select corporates.
- Regional trade flows are concentrated in industries such as oil and gas, mining, metals, and agricultural commodities - areas in which the Bank has specific expertise.
- A strong talent pool is our top asset: we have more than 80 transaction banking specialists and 100 financial markets professionals in the Americas providing a true global hub for origination and distribution to and from our key markets.
- Key products include trade finance services, cash management, treasury, foreign exchange and interest rate products, commodity finance, and structured import and export finance services.
- Our subsidiary in Sao Paulo, Brazil provides an on-shore presence in local foreign exchange and interest rate markets, local capital markets origination and underwriting.
- Headquartered in New York with 15 locations in the US, Canada, Caribbean and Latin America.
Standard Chartered in the Americas - Key Milestones
- Ranked #1 syndicated loan lead arranger for financial institutions in Latin America.
- Ranked in top 3 banks for bonds in Brazil financial institutions segment.
- Ranked in top 5 banks for bonds in Latin America financial institutions segment.
- We led in the first four dim sum bond deals by Latin America financial institutions.
- In May 2012, USD clearing operations achieved a record high of 2.32 million payments valued over $4.6 trillion. One day clearing record was 180,947 transactions valued at $261 billion. 25% market share for USD clearing for Brazilian banks.
- 40% market share in Brazil bank-to-bank reimbursement.