By accepting this application :
- you represent and warrant that all information (including any documents) you have given to us in connection with the application is correct, complete and not misleading. (If this is not the case you may be personally liable.);
- you authorise us to verify any of the information you have given to us or your credit standing from anyone we may consider appropriate (such as an authority or credit reference agency);
- you acknowledge that we may decline your application without giving you any reason for doing so. If this happens, no contractual relationship arises between us and you;
- you confirm and agree that we may give any information in connection with this application (including your personal information) to any service provider (whether located in or outside of Côte d’Ivoire ) for the purposes of providing any service to you in connection with this application (including data processing);
- you declare that you have read and understood our [Client Terms /Product Terms and conditions/Online terms –and the applicable documents referred to in Part A of our Client Terms [please check Part A of the client terms and confirm if the reference is correct] forming our banking agreement which are available . If it is an in-page text within the application itself, probably there is a hyperlinked sentence which takes you there within the app?] You acknowledge that you are bound by any variation we make to these documents, in accordance with our banking agreement. In particular, you understand that by entering into our banking agreement you give indemnities, authorisations, consents and waivers and agree to limitations on our liability;
- you consent to us contacting you at the addresses, e-mail addresses and phone numbers you have provided to us, to give you information on other products and services that we, or our strategic partners, may offer;where applicable, you agree that we will send [electronic statement?] for your bank accounts on [monthly basis] by email to the email addresses provided by you.
- you consent to us and to each of our subsidiaries and affiliates (including each branch or representative office) (“Standard Chartered Group”) its officers, employees, agents and advisers disclosing information relating to you (including details of our banking agreement, the accounts, the products or any arrangement with us) to our head office and any other member of the Standard Chartered Group in any jurisdiction (“Permitted Parties”); your employer professional advisers, service providers (whether located in or outside of Côte d’Ivoire) for the purposes of providing any service to you in connection with this application (including data processing), or independent contractors to, or agents of, the Permitted Parties, such as debt collection agencies, data processing firms and correspondents who are under a duty of confidentiality to the permitted parties, any actual or potential participant or sub-participant in relation to any of our obligations under our banking agreement between us, or assignee, novatee or transferee (or any officer, employee, agent or adviser of any of them), any credit reference agency, rating agency, business alliance partner, insurer or insurance broker of, or direct or indirect provider of credit protection to, or any Permitted Parties; any court, tribunal or authority (including an authority investigating an offence) with jurisdiction over the Permitted Parties; a merchant or member of VISA International or Mastercard International where the disclosure is in connection with the use a card; any authorized person or any security provider; anyone we consider necessary in order to provide you with the services in connection with an account;
- you acknowledge that the bank will register you for a prescribed set of SMS alerts, to be sent to the number registered with the bank
- for the purposes of your application of a credit card or personal loan / finance application – if any -(including personal instalment loan, personal revolving loan and personal line of credit/ overdraft) or Home Loan / Home Finance application or Auto Loan / Auto Finance application you confirm that:
- none of your existing credit cards and/or unsecured loan / finance have been cancelled due to payment defaults,
- you do not have any payments overdue by more than one month on any loans / finances or credit cards you have with other financial institutions,
- you are not and have never been bankrupt and you have no intention to petition or are currently petitioning for bankruptcy;]
- you acknowledge that insurance plans that accompany certain products are underwritten by third parties insurers. Such insurers are not Standard Chartered Group associates or subsidiaries or related corporations. Such insurers are solely responsible for all coverage and compensation under the plans. We collect your information and send them to such insurers for processing and review. Collection of information does not necessarily mean that your insurance application will be approved; and
- you understand and agree that the bank has the right (upon giving you notice) to amend or withdraw any rewards that may accompany the bundled products that you have applied for. In particular if you do not use any of the bundled products that you have applied for, the Bank may upon giving you notice withdraw the rewards that accompany the bundled products,
- Specific for Joint Accounts:
- by accepting this declaration, you accept and agree the primary accountholder’s absolute discretion in running the account in any manner he/she sees fit. Such absolute discretion includes, without limitation, applying for any product and in any limit (subject to the bank approval). For further information, please see the documents that form part of our agreement.
- all statements and notices, including legal ones, will be sent to the primary accountholder and the bank is under no obligation to inform each and every one of the joint accountholders with any matter. The primary accountholder and the invitee(s) might be held liable if the primary accountholder does not act promptly when he/ she receives any information that might require an action from his/ her end;
- if the account is current account, the primary accountholder and the invitee(s) hereby understand that the account might be associated with the issuance of a checkbook [cheque book] and the primary accountholder and the invitee(s) are aware of the risks associated therewith, including, without limitation, the legal and regulatory consequences if a cheque is bounced;
- The primary accountholders and the invitee(s) hereby agree and understand that their obligations and liabilities towards the bank are joint and several with any and all of the joint accountholders; and
- If you are the joint accountholder (recipient (s) /invitee(s)), you hereby give the bank the permission to share some or all of your information to other current or future invitee(s) (which might be sent by any member of the account parties, including the primary accountholder) . The information that the bank might share, by any mean, includes, without limitation, your name, date of the invitation request, the date the account was opened, how many people are already joint accountholders and their names, joint account number, current balance and currency, email and mobile number of each of the accountholders, whether there are any liabilities on the account or you personally. For the avoidance of doubt, you acknowledge and understand that the bank has the right to share the information as mentioned above at any time and by any mean, up until you cancel the invitation or the invitation is rejected by the invitee;
13. Subject to applicable local laws, I hereby consent for Standard Chartered PLC or any of its affiliates (collectively “the Bank”) to share my information with domestic and overseas regulators or tax authorities where necessary to establish my tax liability in any jurisdiction.
14. Where required by domestic or overseas regulators or tax authorities, I consent and agree that the Bank may withhold from my account(s) such amounts as may be required according to applicable laws, regulations and directives.
15. I undertake to notify the Bank within 30 calendar days if there is a change in any information which I have provided to the Bank.