This Data Protection and Privacy Statement relates solely to information supplied by you on this Web Site. Standard Chartered Bank, Jersey Branch, the Data Controller ("SCBJ") respects the privacy of your personal information and will treat it confidentially and securely.
Any personal information provided by you to SCBJ through this Web Site will be used for the purpose of providing and operating the products and services you have requested at this Web Site and for other related purposes which may include updating and enhancing SCBJ's records, understanding your financial needs, conducting credit checks, reviewing credit worthiness and assisting other financial institutions to conduct credit checks, advising you of other products and services which may be of interest to you, for crime/fraud prevention and debt collection purposes, for purposes required by law or regulation, and to plan, conduct and monitor SCBJ's business. The information collected from you by SCBJ will be valuable in improving the design and marketing of our range of services and related products for customer use. If you are providing your details in connection with an application for employment, please refer to our "Data Protection and Privacy Statement - Job Applicants" which will be displayed when you apply (see our 'Careers' page). This Policy will not alter or affect any information otherwise provided by you to SCBJ.
Other than to those individuals and entities listed below your details will not be revealed by SCBJ to any external body, unless SCBJ has your permission, or is under either a legal obligation or any other duty to do so. For the purposes detailed above, your information may be disclosed to:
- other Branches or Companies in the Standard Chartered Group (i.e. SCB, its subsidiaries and affiliates);
- any regulatory, supervisory, governmental or quasi-governmental authority with jurisdiction over SCB Group members;
- any agent, contractor or third party service provider, professional adviser or any other person under a duty of confidentiality to the SCB Group;
- credit reference agencies and, in the event of default, debt collection agencies;
- any actual or potential participant or sub-participant in, assignee, novatee or transferee of, any of the SCB Group's rights and/or obligations in relation to you;
- any financial institution with which SCBJ has or proposes to have dealings.
The above disclosures may require the transfer of your information to parties located in countries that do not offer the same level of data protection as your home country. However, SCBJ will ensure that parties to whom your details are transferred treat your information securely and confidentially. SCBJ also pledges its intention fully to meet any internationally recognised standards of personal data privacy protection and to comply with applicable data protection and privacy laws. We may transfer your information if it is necessary to perform our contract with you and by providing details to SCBJ via this Web Site you are deemed to consent to any other transfers.
Information held about you is retained as long as the purpose for which the information was collected continues. The information is then destroyed unless its retention is required to satisfy legal, regulatory or accounting requirements or to protect SCBJ's interests.
It is your responsibility to maintain the secrecy of any user ID and login password you hold.