We will always treat Your Information as confidential. We will use good practices to keep it secure and will otherwise abide by the relevant data protection and privacy laws.
(a) Using Your Information – Purposes
If you provide Your Information on the Website in relation to any products and services from SCB, or send us an electronic communication, we will use Your Information for the purposes (“Purposes”) of providing and operating the product or service you request or responding to your electronic communication and for other related purposes that may include:
- updating and enhancing our records about you and understanding your financial needs;
- crime or fraud detection, prevention and prosecution;
- complying with laws or regulations;
- planning, conducting and monitoring SCB’s business including research and statistical analysis with the aim of improving our Website, products and/or services; and
- handling queries and complaints.
Please ensure you also read the Terms and Conditions applicable to these products and services.
We generally do not use Your Information collected on this Website for marketing purposes but if you apply for products and services via other SCB Group Websites, Your Information may be used to inform you about other related products and services that may be of interest. Please ensure you read the Website Privacy Statement of the relevant SCB Group Website.
(c) Disclosing Your Information
When using Your Information for the Purposes we may need to disclose it to more than one company within the SCB Group and to our agents, advisors and third party service providers (“Other Parties”). When this happens we will require the Other Parties to handle Your Information using the same level of care that we apply. We will also require them to only use Your Information according to our instructions and directions.
If the Other Parties are overseas Your Information may be sent to another country including countries with weaker privacy and data protection laws than in your country of residence. We will not otherwise disclose Your Information to third parties unless we have your permission or we are under a legal or similar obligation.
This means, by way of example, that Your Information may be disclosed to:
- regulators, supervisors, governments or quasi-governmental authorities in countries where we, our agents, advisors or third party service providers have a presence;
- agents, advisors or third party service providers under a duty of confidentiality to the SCB Group;
- anti-money laundering and fraud prevention agencies (where necessary for the Purposes).
(d) Retaining Your Information
We will retain Your Information for as long as the Purpose for which we collected it continues. It is then destroyed unless further retention is required to satisfy a legal, regulatory or accounting requirement or to protect our interests.