Inward Investment Account (IIA)
Benefits & Features
- Accounts can be maintained in Sri Lanka Rupees and foreign currency
- Accounts may be jointly opened with another eligible person
- Debit Card facility (on local currency accounts for residents)
- Special interest rates for IIA fixed deposits
- Interest earned on foreign currency deposits
- Competitive exchange rates
- A non-national resident in or outside Sri Lanka
- A non-national of Sri Lankan origin, who is a resident outside Sri Lanka
- A Sri Lankan citizen, resident outside Sri Lanka.
- Country and Regional Funds, Mutual Funds, Unit Trusts and other Institutional investors who are established outside Sri Lanka.
- An administrator or executor of a deceased person, in the name of such deceased person who maintained an Inward Investment Account with that authorized dealer until the completion of the administration of the deceased person’s estate.
- A receiver or liquidator of a Company that maintained an Inward Investment Account with that authorize dealer until proceedings are concluded.
- Any other person or category of persons who may be authorized by the Central Bank from time to time.
Eligibility criteria pertaining to the Accounts set out below are as per prevailing foreign exchange regulations and may be subject to amendment from time to time.