- Claims exclusions
(This means that claims due to events described are excluded at claim stage, and they are not underwriting criteria)
No death or disability benefit will be paid if the claim is directly or indirectly caused by, or attributable to, any of the following:
- Act of war (whether war is declared or not). Participation in military or police organisation actions, riot, insurrection, civil commotion, usurpation of power, terrorism, martial law, kidnapping or hijacking.
- Act or deed by the Insured committed in violation of criminal law.
- Bodily injury sustained whilst under the influence of intoxicating liquor or drugs or disablement due wholly or partly to the effects of intoxicating liquor or drugs other than drugs taken in accordance with treatment prescribed and directed by a qualified, registered medical practitioner but not for the treatment of drug addiction.
- Driving with more than the legally permitted level of alcohol in the blood.
- Intentional self—inflicted injuries, suicide, attempted suicide or exposure to risk, while sane or insane.
- Participation or attempted participation in motorised speed contests and/or racing with any mechanically powered vehicle or craft.
- Participation in aviation anywhere in any capacity other than as a fare—paying passenger flying in a passenger aircraft for which there is in force a valid certificate of airworthiness and which is flown by a duly licensed commercial pilot (and navigator where required by law).
- Participation in other hazardous pursuits including but not limited to parachute jumping, skydiving, hang—gliding, micro lighting, mountaineering, big game hunting and scuba diving.
- Radio—activity, nuclear explosion or nuclear reaction.
Note: This document provides a summary of the key features applicable to this product, the full terms and conditions will be contained in the policy document.