Standard Chartered is a market-leading financial service brand in The Gambia contributing economically to over 115 years of sustained and increasing investment in the country.
The bank has been operating in The Gambia since 1894 and was the first to introduce Automated Teller Machines in the Gambia, with 10 ATM's which accept VISA and MASTER cards within the greater Banjul area. In the aim to improve productivity levels and effectiveness, the Bank also boasts of 5 branches in prime locations in Banjul, Serrekunda, Kairaba Avenue, Senegambia, and Basse.
The Bank offers exciting product propositions for clients as well as career opportunities for over 148 people, 50% female and 50% Male from 3 different nationalities, all of which are represented among senior management.
Building it’s trust and reputation over the long term, the Bank is committed to building a sustainable business in The Gambia by upholding high standards of corporate governance, social responsibility, environmental protection, education and employee diversity.
We continue to differentiate our brand and have confidence in our strategy for long-term, sustainable growth, world-class suites of products, services, distribution channels and systems, the Bank provides customers with increasingly sophisticated and pioneering banking services – unrivalled in The Gambia.
Our purpose is to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity. Our heritage and values are expressed in our brand promise, “Here for good.”
Standard Chartered is a highly respected, well established "household name" in The Gambia, with deep-rooted local knowledge and experience, bearing a unique international footprint which enables the Bank to facilitate the growth of international trade corridors between Africa and the rest of the world.
The application of Group Risk Management standards in Gambia provides the Bank with a strong and sustainable foundation for well-managed growth. Standard Chartered applies the highest and most stringent level of international governance and risk management to all banking activities in The Gambia.
Review of Operations and Performance
Corporate & Retail Banking
- We are keeping our promises to shareholders and have a strong track record of performance. We had a truly challenging but remarkable 2018 and delivered stunning results.
- We have created a significant presence in The Gambia where we are one of the country's most respected financial institutions combining global capability with deep local knowledge and creativity to outperform our competitors.
- We will continue to balance the pursuit of our growth with firm control of costs and risks as we operate in a very dynamic environment with limitless opportunities focusing our plans for growth by increasing the number of customers and number of products per customer by 2010.
- We aim to make a positive contribution to the communities that we operate in through our various initiatives that link our core business activities, expertise and resources with the key issues facing these communities
- Corporate & Institutional Banking provides innovative solutions to address the needs of valued customers. An extensive knowledge of international markets combined with a deep local insight puts the Bank in a unique position to provide quality advice and information on currencies, interest rates and risk management. The Bank has always been at the forefront of creative product offerings. Products offered include foreign exchange forwards and spots, high-yield deposits and foreign currency options. The Bank is an authorized Foreign Exchange Dealer of the Central Bank.
- We actively engage with all our Governments and Regulators to share our skills and expertise and work in partnership to support sustainable development setting government standard, and best practices in KYC, AML, etc.