Enjoy the convenience and ease of SMS Banking
What is SMS Banking?
- SMS Banking is a technology-enabled service now offered by Standard Chartered Bank, permitting all Savings and Current account holders to operate selected banking services over their mobile phone by simply sending an SMS, and getting immediate banking services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Currently this service is available on Dialog, Etisalat and Airtel mobile phone operators.
- Credit cardholders can opt for SMS alerts and receive free SMS alerts to local mobile numbers.
How do I benefit?
Savings and Current account holders
Instead of wasting time in rush hour traffic and queues, you can now receive an array of benefits while managing your money at the push of a button anytime, anywhere. All you need to do is simply register for SMS Banking and enter a hassle free world of convenience with the following services;
- Utility payments
- Check account balance
- Mini statement
- Funds transfer
- Foreign exchange enquiry (four major currencies)
- Cheque book request
- PIN change
- SMS alerts
- Simply type a specific message (with your preferred service) along with your assigned PIN number and send the SMS to 2480 (only for Dialog, Etisalat and Airtel mobile numbers)
- Click here for SMS Banking instructions
- SMS alerts will be sent to any local mobile phone number. Alerts include debit card transactions, large ATM withdrawal alerts, cheque return alerts, salary credit alerts and other transactional alerts.
If you have registered your credit card to receive alerts, you will receive the following alerts:
- Minimum payment due date and amount
- Local transactions over LKR 5000
- Change of contact details
- Payment due reminders
- Overseas transactions
- Internet transactions
- Statement dispatch alerts
- Limit enhancement alerts
- Card activation alerts
- Other credit card related alerts
Simply type a specific message (with your preferred service) along with your assigned PIN number and send to the short code indicated below:
Click here for SMS Banking instructions