Important Information and Terms and Conditions for Application of Standard Chartered Credit Card
General Terms and Conditions for Credit Card Application
- Cardholders will be entitled to first year annual fee waiver upon successful card application. Thereafter, all principal cardholders of Standard Chartered Asia Miles MasterCard will enjoy an annual fee waiver on their cards for a year (beginning from the respective anniversary of the issuance date of their cards) if the aggregate eligible transactions made by the principal and any supplementary card(s) (if applicable) of the same card account in the preceding year reach HK$150,000.
- If you currently hold a valid Standard Chartered Credit Card and you choose to apply for the same card type(s) in this application, Standard Chartered Bank (Hong Kong) Limited ("the Bank") reserves the right not to process the application for that card type(s) and process the application for the other credit card(s) applied under this application.
- The Bank reserves the right to treat your credit card application for a certain card type(s) as application for another card type(s) and grant you the relevant type(s) of credit card as the Bank sees fit.
- The annual income requirement for respective card type is:
Card Type Annual Income Requirement Standard Chartered Asia Miles MasterCard HK$240,000 Standard Chartered Visa Platinum Card/Platinum MasterCard HK$150,000 Standard Chartered UnionPay Dual Currency Platinum Credit Card HK$96,000
- The Bank may cancel or adjust the credit limit of any of your credit cards issued by the Bank in connection with your application, its approval or any subsequent application or approval, if any as the Bank deems it necessary.
- If you apply for multiple credit cards in this application form and the Bank rejects any one of the applications made, the Bank reserves the right to cease processing the remaining applications without prior notice.
- You may, at any time without charge, choose not to have any temporary credit limit extension for your card. If you do not indicate your rejection on the temporary credit limit extension service (if applicable), you will be deemed to have given your consent to the Bank to grant the temporary credit limit extension service to your credit card(s). An Overlimit Charge is payable upon the outstanding balance debited in your card account over your granted credit limit in each credit card statement cycle.
Over-the-limit transactions can still happen even if you have opted-out from the temporary credit limit extension service and thus Overlimit Charge may be chargeable. The over-the-limit transactions include, but are not limited to, Octopus automatic add-value service, autopay, late posting of a transaction due to the mode of spending (such as online purchase and overseas purchase with foreign currency chosen as the settling currency), stand-in authorization waited to be run overnight and transactions made by Visa payWave or MasterCard contactless service (for applicable credit card only) which signature is not required for verification. For enquiry on the above arrangement and the current Overlimit Charge, please feel free to call Standard Chartered Credit Card 24-hour Customer Service Hotline at 2886 4111.
- If you do not have any bank account with the Bank at the time of this application, the Bank will update your contact information into the Bank's system(s) upon successful approval of the credit card. The Bank will issue SMS, email or letter for notifying you the updates accordingly.
Standard Chartered Credit Card Application - Important Notes
By making an application, you have read and accepted all terms and conditions set out in this application form, its accompanying leaflet (if applicable) as well as all terms and conditions stated in the Client Terms and the applicable documents referred to in Part A of Client Terms, and the Credit Card Terms, highlights of which are appended in this application ("banking agreement"). You agree to be bound by them and any variation the Bank makes to its banking agreement.
The annual income requirement for respective card type is:
Card Type Annual Income Requirement Standard Chartered Asia Miles MasterCard HK$240,000 Standard Chartered Visa Platinum Card/Platinum MasterCard HK$150,000 Standard Chartered UnionPay Dual Currency Platinum Credit Card HK$96,000
The Bank will obtain credit report on the customer and any of its sureties, on more than one occasion (if the bank considers necessary), from a credit reference agency when considering any application for credit. In the event the customer or any of its sureties wishes to access the credit report, upon request, the Bank will advise the contact details of the relevant credit reference agency.
The Bank reserves the right to request the applicant to provide supporting document(s) for credit card approval purpose.
The Bank reserves the right to offer an alternative type of credit card instead of the card you apply.
The approval of the credit card is subject to the final decision of the Bank.
Any benefit offer (or welcome offer) for successful application is subject to availability and the Bank may change such offer at its discretion from time to time without notice to you.
You may enquire about the status of your application by using the Standard Chartered Credit Card 24-Hour Customer Service Hotline at 2886 8868. Where your application is approved, before using the card, you will need to activate the card by using the Credit Card 24-Hour Automated Phone Enquiries System designated by the Bank for such purposes.
You have read and understood the Bank's "Notice to Customers and Other Individuals relating to the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance ("Ordinance") and the Code of Practice on Consumer Credit Data" ("Notice") which is available to you at any of Standard Chartered branches and/or on Standard Chartered website at sc.com/hk and forms part of its banking agreement. You agree that all information provided by you in connection with this application (including personal information) may be used and disclosed to such persons (whether in or outside Hong Kong) and for such purposes as set out in the Notice.
The Bank reserves the right to amend the contents and all the terms and conditions contained on this website at any time.
In case of inconsistency between the applicable terms and conditions on one hand and the provisions within the application form or this website, the former shall prevail.
- In case of inconsistency or conflict between the English and the Chinese versions, the English version shall prevail.
Highlight of the Banking Agreement (including Credit Card Terms)
Important Notes: You are suggested to read carefully the entire banking agreement. Your attention is particularly drawn to the following major terms and conditions::
The terms of our banking agreement apply to the use of your credit card. If you do not agree with those terms, you may wish to terminate your credit card in accordance with the procedure in the Credit Card Terms.
You must comply with the activation procedures we notify you from time to time.
You must ensure that only the person issued with a credit card uses it.
You are liable for all transactions made using your credit card or the card number on such credit card. You are also liable for all transactions made using a supplementary card or the card number on such supplementary card.
You must ensure that your credit limit is not exceeded.
You must pay the interest, fees and charges that apply to your credit card.
You must pay at least the minimum payment due or minimum monthly repayment as set out in your statement. You remain liable to us even if you do not receive your periodic statement.
The minimum payment due shall be the aggregate amount of items as set out in the Credit Card Terms or any minimum amount as set out in the tariff sheet, whichever amount is higher.
If we do not receive your balance owing for your credit card on or before the due date set out in your statement, we may charge you (subject to any grace period in accordance with our usual practice or applicable law) the applicable involuntary charges, which we may debit from your account.
We (and any other member of the Standard Chartered Group) may set off any amount we (or any other member of the Standard Chartered Group) owe you against any amount you owe us (or any other member of the Standard Chartered Group) (whether or not the obligation is matured or contingent). We (and each other member of the Standard Chartered Group) may also combine or consolidate all accounts. If we (or any other member of the Standard Chartered Group) combine accounts, any credit funds held by you in your accounts will be applied to adjust the amount owing by you in relation to your other accounts. We (and each other member of the Standard Chartered Group) may do so at any time (even if you are not in default).
If we do not receive the minimum payment or minimum monthly repayment on or before the due date, you must pay for the applicable involuntary charges. You may not use your credit card until the minimum payment or minimum monthly repayment has been paid and we may suspend the use of your credit card.
Despite any other terms of our banking agreement, subject to applicable law, we may at any time demand immediate payment of any amounts you owe us.
If you think there is an error on your statement, you must notify us with details of such error within the period specified in the statement. If you do not do so, we will treat the statement as correct.
If you are not comfortable with any changes we make to our banking agreement, you may terminate your credit card in accordance with the procedure in the Credit Card Terms.
If your credit card or any supplementary card is lost or stolen, you will be liable for the use of the credit card and any supplementary card until such time you notify us that the card is lost or stolen. However, your liability will be limited to HK$500 if you have not acted fraudulently or with gross negligence and you have complied with the Security Procedures set out in our Client Terms.
You are liable for your failure and that of any supplementary cardholder in complying with our banking agreement.
If you or we end the account for a credit card, subject to any applicable law, you must immediately pay all amounts owing to us in connection with the credit card and any supplementary card.
You may be liable for any transaction made using a supplementary card until it has been returned or until we are able to implement our procedures applicable to lost cards. We may impose any charges incurred from implementing such procedures.
Our Client Terms include additional provisions relating to your liability to us and exclusions or limits on our liability.
Additional major terms and conditions applicable to Dual Currency Card
- Each of the accounts for a dual currency card will be operated separately in the same way as an account for a credit card.
For instance, any balance owing for one account for a dual currency card will be calculated and have to be settled separately from the balance owing for another account for a dual currency card.
- Only one credit limit denominated in Hong Kong Dollars will apply to collectively all of the accounts for the dual currency card.
- For any account for a dual currency card that is not denominated in Hong Kong Dollars, you may pay the balance owing for such account in the same currency that such account is denominated or in Hong Kong Dollars.
If you choose to pay such balance owing in Hong Kong Dollars, we may convert any amount of such Hong Kong Dollars you pay to us at a rate we reasonably consider appropriate. If you intend to make minimum or full payment, you also bear the risk of not able to do so due to the shortfall arising from the conversion.
- We may or may not allow you to use your dual currency card to obtain cash advance. If we allow you to do so,
- transactions made in Hong Kong or overseas will be posted to the Hong Kong Dollars denominated account;
- transactions made in China will be posted to the Renminbi denominated account.
- Transactions made using a dual currency card will be processed as follows:
- transactions made in Hong Kong will be posted to the Hong Kong Dollars denominated account;
- transactions made in China will be posted to the Renminbi denominated account (except where the transaction is processed in a currency other than Renminbi, the relevant amount will be converted into Hong Kong Dollars and posted to the Hong Kong Dollars denominated account);
- transactions made outside Hong Kong or China will be converted into Hong Kong Dollars and posted to the Hong Kong Dollars denominated account.
Online Application Welcome Offer Terms and Conditions
- General Terms and Conditions of Welcome Offer
- Terms and Conditions Applicable to New Cardholders who apply for Standard Chartered Platinum Credit Card OR Standard Chartered UnionPay Dual Currency Platinum Credit Card
- Terms and Conditions Applicable to New Cardholders who apply for Standard Chartered UnionPay Dual Currency Platinum Credit Card And Standard Chartered Platinum Credit Card
- Terms and Conditions Applicable to New Cardholders who apply for Standard Chartered Asia Miles MasterCard
- Terms and Conditions of the extra 1,000 Asia Miles
Credit Card Application Declaration
To: Standard Chartered Bank (Hong Kong) Limited (hereinafter called the "Bank", "we", "us" or "our" including our successors and assigns)
- you (being the person named as the “applicant” in the application) represent and warrant that all information (including any documents) you have given to us(being each member of the Standard Chartered Group identified in the application or the approval as the person providing the facility, product or service to you, and its successors and assigns) in connection with this application is correct, complete and not misleading – important note: if this is not the case you may be personally liable. You also authorize us to verify from any source we may choose. If you are a principal card applicant, you further represent and confirm that the principal card applicant is at least 18 years of age;
- you acknowledge that we may decline your application in its entirety or in part (in respect of any one or more particular credit card(s) you are applying for in this application) without giving you any reason for doing so; if this happens, no contractual relationship arises between you and us in respect of any credit card(s) requested in this application which we have declined to provide to you;
- you agree and confirm that:
- our Client Terms and the applicable documents referred to in Part A of our Client Terms, including the Credit Card Terms and other prevailing terms and conditions, Terms and Conditions for e-Statement Service, product brochure, important notes and promotional terms (if any), and any other document forming part of our banking agreement (collectively “the banking agreement”) have been made available to you at any of our branches and on our website at sc.com/hk;
- you have read and understood the banking agreement and you agree to be bound by it ; and
- you are bound by any variation we make to the banking agreement, in accordance with the banking agreement - important note: in particular, you understand that by entering into the banking agreement you give indemnities, authorisations, consents and waivers and agree to limitations on our liability;
- you further agree and confirm that: (i) a highlight of the banking agreement has been provided to you as appended in this application form; (ii) unless you have indicated your choice to receive a hard copy, you agree to receive an electronic copy of the banking agreement; (iii) you have read and understood the banking agreement and/or a highlight of it; and (iv) you agree to be bound by the banking agreement;
- you acknowledge receipt of and confirm that you have read and agreed to be bound by the Notice to Customers and Other Individuals relating to the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (“Ordinance”) and the Code of Practice on Consumer Credit Data (“Notice”) which has been available to you at any of our branches and on our website at sc.com/hk; you further agree that the Notice shall form part of the banking agreement; you agree that all information provided by you in this application form, and any other personal data collected by us about you or that you may provide to us from time to time before, during or after this application, may be used and disclosed for such purposes and to such persons (whether the recipient is located in the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region of the People’s Republic of China (“Hong Kong”) or another country including a country that does not offer the same level of data protection as Hong Kong) for the purposes described in, and otherwise in accordance with our policies on use and disclosure of personal data as set out in the Notice, which may be subject to change from time to time;
- you represent and warrant that you have complied and will comply with all applicable laws (including any foreign exchange restrictions) in connection with the banking agreement;
- You confirm that:
- none of your credit cards have been cancelled due to payment default;
- you do not have any payments overdue by more than one month on any loans or credit cards you have with other financial institutions; and
- you are not and have never been bankrupt and you have no intention to petition nor are you currently petitioning for bankruptcy;
- you understand and agree that the Bank may, at its sole discretion, decide whether to approve this application by reference to the overall banking relationship, total asset balance or deposits held with the Bank if you are an existing banking client;
- unless otherwise specified, you confirm that you are not a relative or spouse/ex-spouse of any of our or our subsidiary’s or affiliate’s directors, employees with lending authority or shareholders holding 10% or more of our issued shares (“specified persons”). Moreover, none of the specified persons mentioned herein is your guarantor of any other matters. You agree to notify us in writing as soon as reasonably practicable if you subsequently become aware of any change in the aforesaid status;
- We will serve a written notice to you at your correspondence address set out in the application form if we accept your application;
- the Credit Card Terms and any important notes and related terms that we have provided to you in connection with the credit card shall form part of the banking agreement and you confirm that you have read and understood them and agreed to be bound by them;
You understand that sales staff of the Bank receives remuneration with reference to the performance of the relevant staff for promoting various banking and related services that provided by the Bank. The remuneration structure is subject to review by the Bank from time to time and includes salaries, incentives, bonuses, etc.
If there is any inconsistency between the English version and the Chinese version of this application form, the English version prevails.
Terms and Conditions for Integrated Deposits Account Asia Miles Reward Online Welcome Offer for Standard Chartered Asia Miles MasterCard Cardholders (the "Asia Miles Offer")
- The promotion period for the Online Welcome Offer is from 1 January 2017 to 31 March 2017, both dates inclusive (the "Promotion Period").
- Clients who fulfill either (i) or (ii) or (iii) and ALL of (iv) – (viii) below within Promotion Period maybe eligible for the Asia MilesTM Offer ("Eligible Client"):
- Clients who do not hold any Standard Chartered Asia Miles MasterCard ("Asia Miles MasterCard") at the time of application and submit Integrated Deposits Account ("IDA") Application within Asia Miles MasterCard Online Application Form ("Online Credit Card Application"), and have a newly approved Asia Miles MasterCard; OR
- Existing Asia Miles MasterCard cardholders who submit IDA Online Application Form at designated website www.sc.com/hk/amcard ("Online IDA Application"); OR
- Clients who receive designated handbill and submit IDA Application at designated website www.sc.com/hk/amida ("Online IDA Miles Application"), and have a newly approved Asia Miles MasterCard;
- Successfully open Integrated Deposits Account at branch after the above Online Application (as defined in Clause 2(i) to 2(iii) above) submission;
- Successfully register as Standard Chartered Online Banking client;
- Successfully sign up for any Banking Plan (Priority Banking, Premium programme or Easy Banking);
- Do not hold any Standard Chartered Bank (Hong Kong) Limited (the "Bank") deposit account, i.e. Savings Account(s), Current Account(s), Integrated Deposits Account(s) and Time Deposit Account(s), in the past 12 months from the date of the above Online Application (as defined in Clause 2(i) to 2(iii) above) submission ("New Client"); and
- Hold a valid Hong Kong Permanent Identity Card
- Eligible Client is entitled to the Asia Miles Offer once only during the Promotion Period. The Asia Miles Offer is only applicable to principal Cardholders. Asia Miles membership account must be owned by the principal Cardholders. Subsequent change of Asia Miles membership account associated with their Card is not allowed save in exceptional circumstances as determined by the Bank in its sole discretion.
- To be eligible for the Asia Miles Offer, the Asia Miles MasterCard must be valid and in good financial standing at the time when the Asia Miles (the “Miles”) are credited. Otherwise, the Bank reserves the right to forfeit the relevant offer.
- The relevant amount of Miles entitled to Eligible Client will be determined by the corresponding Banking Plan signed up according to the following table during the Promotion Period. Subscription for corresponding Banking Plan must remain valid at the time when the Miles are credited to the client. Otherwise, the relevant offer will be forfeited absolutely. Separate terms and conditions apply to Banking Plan. For details, please refer to relevant terms and conditions or contact any of the Bank’s staff at branches.
Banking Plan signed up during Promotion Period Asia Miles Entitled Priority Banking 3,000 Miles Premium programme 2,000 Miles Easy Banking 1,000 Miles
- The relevant amount of Miles will be credited to the Asia Miles membership account associated with Eligible Client’s Asia Miles MasterCard on or before 30 June 2017.
- Miles earned cannot be converted into bonus points or cash rebate and are non-transferrable. If the Eligible Client does not have a valid Asia Miles MasterCard when Miles are credited, the relevant amount of cash rebate will be made available as alternative to Eligible Client as shown below:
Banking Plan signed up during Promotion Period Cash Rebate Entitled Priority Banking HKD300 Premium programme HKD200 Easy Banking HKD100
- The relevant amount of cash rebate will be credited into the HKD deposit account (exclude MortgageOne® Account and Mortgage $aver Current Account) under Eligible Client’s personal name as primary account holder with the Bank at the sole discretion of the Bank on or before 31 May 2017 in the following sequence:
- Sub-account under IDA;
- Current Account;
- Statement Savings Account;
- Passbook Savings Account
- If the Eligible Client does not have a valid Asia Miles MasterCard and a valid IDA / HKD or USD Savings Account / HKD or USD Current Account on the date when Miles are credited, the relevant offer shall be forfeited absolutely and shall not be paid to the Eligible Client through any other means.
- In the event that the Eligible Client is also entitled to other prevailing promotional offer(s) or deposit privilege(s), the Bank reserves the right to provide only one or some of the offer(s) and/or privilege(s) at its absolute discretion. For avoidance of doubt, client who is eligible for the Asia Miles Offer during the Promotion Period will not be eligible for other deposits account Online Welcome Offers, including but not limited to IDA Cash Rebate Online Welcome Offer.
- Separate terms and conditions apply to the relevant credit card, banking plans, products and services including but not limited to Standard Chartered Asia Miles MasterCard. For details, please refer to any of the Bank’s staff at branches.
- Client acknowledges that the above Miles earned shall be credited to his/her Asia Miles membership account by Asia Miles Limited. The Bank will use its best endeavour to provide the necessary information to Asia Miles Limited to facilitate this purpose, however the Bank makes no warranty that the Miles earned will be accurately credited to the Asia Miles membership account by Asia Miles Limited and accepts no liability for failure or delay in the crediting of Miles to the client’s Asia Miles membership account for any reason beyond the Bank’s control. The Bank accepts no liability relating to the Miles, including but not limited to the expiry date, usage and redemption. For enquiries relating to crediting of the Miles and the relevant terms and conditions, please contact Asia Miles Limited and/or refer to Asia Miles Limited website at www.asiamiles.com.
- Terms and Conditions of Miles apply for redemption and/or use of Miles. For details, please visit www.asiamiles.com. The Bank is not obliged to notify clients of any changes or latest announcements of Asia Miles Limited. Clients understand and accept that the Bank is not the supplier of the redeemed items (including Asia Miles). The Bank shall bear no liability relating to any aspect of the Asia Miles and/or redeemed items, including without limitation, their quality, the supply, the descriptions provided by the supplier, any false trade description, misrepresentation, mis-statement, omission, unauthorized representation, unfair trade practices or conduct in connection with the Miles and/or redeemed items provided by the supplier, its employees, officers or agents.
- The Bank reserves the right to vary, modify and terminate the above offer and to amend any of these terms and conditions at any time without any notice. In case of disputes, the decision of the Bank shall be final and binding.
- If there is any inconsistency or conflict between the English version and its Chinese translation, the English version shall prevail.
Standard Chartered Bank (Hong Kong) Limited Credit Card Key Facts Statement
Credit Card Terms
Terms and Conditions for eStatement Services
STANDARD CHARTERED BANK (HONG KONG) LIMITED
GPO Box 21, Hong Kong
COPYRIGHT © STANDARD CHARTERED PLC 2016. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.