Renminbi Services for Hong Kong Residents

Learn more »


Product Questions
What is the difference between Personal Instalment loan, Revolving Cash Card and Personal Line of Credit?

Personal Instalment Loan requires you to repay the principal and interest regularly, usually monthly. Interest is calculated at a predetermined interest rate according to the loan tenor you selected.

Revolving Cash Card or Personal Line of Credit is a credit limit granted to your revolving loan or current account, usually for standby purposes. Interest is calculated on the drawn amount on a daily basis. The main difference between the two is the money withdrawal method. A revolving loan involves a revolving cash card to withdraw cash at an ATM machine anytime.

A Personal Line of Credit involves the current account and the transactions made through this account via ATM cash withdrawal or cheque issuance. No withdrawal fee will be charged for an unsecured overdraft facility.

Can I re-borrow the principal amount which I have repaid from my existing Personal Instalment Loan?

We will occasionally invite customers to join the promotional campaign for top-up arrangement. The selected customers will receive our promotional leaflets and/or calls for top-up arrangement to re-borrow the repaid principal amount. Also, you are always welcome to contact us on 2886 0866 for any promotional details.

Learn more »

Online Banking

About Standard Chartered Online Banking
What is Standard Chartered Online Banking?

Standard Chartered Online Banking is an innovative and comprehensive online banking service tailored to serve your changing financial needs. With Standard Chartered Online Banking, you can enjoy more convenient and round-the-clock banking services ranging from day-to-day account transfer transactions to valuable financial information, which enable you to manage your finance anytime anywhere.

What type of accounts can I access?
  • Hong Kong Dollar Savings/ Current/ Time Deposit Accounts
  • Renminbi Savings/ Time Deposit Accounts
  • Foreign Currency Savings/ Current/ Time Deposit Accounts
  • Mortgage/ Personal Loan Accounts
  • Credit Card Accounts
  • Investment Accounts

Learn more »

Online Securities Service

Standard Chartered Bank Online Securities Service features
What can Standard Chartered Bank Online Securities Services do?

It provides the following key features:

  • Instant securities trading
  • Order Watching Services Good-till-Today
  • Comprehensive order types such as Morning At-Auction Limit Order, Enhanced Limit Order/ CAS At-Auction Limit Order, Market Order and Stop Loss Order
  • Instant order confirmation via email or SMS (pre-registration required)
  • Comprehensive stock portfolio overview
  • Instant available purchasing power
  • Detailed real time stock quote
  • Latest market information
  • Corporate Action
What kind of shares can I trade online?

Currently, you can trade all securities listed on The Stock Exchange of Hong Kong Limited (SEHK) and Shanghai A shares under Shanghai-Hong Kong Stock Connect through our Online Securities Services.

Learn more »

Common Reporting Standard (CRS)

What is the Common Reporting Standard (CRS)?

The Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) introduced CRS in order to improve cross-border tax compliance and to combat tax evasion. CRS is a global standard for the automatic exchange of financial information (AEOI) between participating jurisdictions that have agreed to adopt it. Compliance is mandatory under local law in each participating jurisdiction, including Hong Kong (HK). As a responsible international citizen and a leading financial centre, HK has committed to implementing AEOI and commencing the first information exchanges by end of 2018.

Why are you asking me for my jurisdiction(s) of tax residence?

As part of the Bank’s legal obligations under the Inland Revenue (Amendment) (No. 3) Ordinance 2016 (“the Amendment Ordinance”) in HK which came into effect on 30 June 2016, we are required to collect certain tax information to establish the country/ies of tax residence of our account holders. The Bank may be further obliged to report, on an annual basis, information regarding financial accounts held by our account holders who are tax residents in other reportable jurisdictions, to the local tax authorities where these financial accounts are maintained.

Completing the CRS Self Certification form will ensure that we hold accurate and up to date information about your country of tax residence.

If your circumstances change and any of the information provided in this form becomes incorrect, please let us know immediately and provide an updated Self Certification form.

Learn more »