- What is a Visa Debit Card?
Visa debit card is an internationally accepted Visa ATM / Debit Card that is linked to your Standard Chartered Bank account, allowing spending on shopping outlets, online and cash withdrawals at ATMs.
- How long is my card valid for?
The validity period of the card is 5years from the date of issue.
- As a new Customer, Can I apply for an account and get an instant debit card?
Yes. You can get your instant debit card at selected SCB locations. Kindly visit the selected branches listed here: https://www.sc.com/global/av/ng-instapack-branch-list.pdf
- As an existing to Bank Customer, Can I replace my damaged, stolen, lost, expired card?
- Is my Debit Card enabled for e-commerce? If not, what do I need to do?
Your card is not enabled for online (e-commerce) transactions by default. You are required to call our contact centre on +23412704611 to switch on this service.
- Can I use my Visa debit card abroad?
This not currently enabled for use abroad.
- What charges apply when I use my SCB Visa debit card abroad?
Please visit our website https://www.sc.com/global/av/ng-tarrif-guide-new.pdf for current fees and charges on SCB debit cards.
- Can Joint account holders apply for the cards?
Yes, Joint account holders can each have Visa Debit card provided the joint account can be operated singly.
- What are the services which I can avail through my Visa Debit Card in Standard Chartered ATM sites?
You can avail an array of financial services at Standard Chartered ATM sites with your SCB Visa debit card.
- Balance enquiry
- Mini-statement requests
- PIN change
- Cash withdrawals
- Deposit cash (Naira only)
- Can I withdraw cash from the ATM using my Visa Debit Card in Nigeria?
Yes, you can withdraw cash using your Visa debit card in Nigeria
- What is the maximum limit that I can withdraw per day?
The maximum limit on
- POS: 2 million (Naira)
- ATM: N150,000(Naira)
- Online transfer: N500,000 Naira(without token)
- Online transfer: N5m Naira(with token)
- Do I need a PIN to operate the Visa debit card? How will I get the PIN?
Yes, to operate your Debit Card, you will need a 4-digit PIN (Personal Identification Number). You can self generate the PIN for your card visiting nearest SCBN ATMs. You are requested to follow the below instructions to generate 4 digit PIN.
Steps to be followed to generate your 4 digit PIN
- Insert Card in ATM
- Press on PIN Change
- Create 4 digit PIN
- Press Enter
- Press Return Card
- Receive the Card
- Is the card ready to use once I generate the PIN?
No, your card is ready to use only post your call our 24X7 Contact Centre using the dedicated phone lines (+234 1 270 4611-4 ) to activate the card.
- What should I do to activate my Visa Debit card?
You need to visit nearest SCB ATMs and call our 24X7 Contact Centre to activate your card. You are requested to follow the below instructions to activate your card
Steps to activate the Visa Debit card
- Contact our 24X7 Contact Centre using the telephone lines +234 1 270 4611-4
- Request for card activation
- Card is activated post verification
- Card ready to use for normal services.
- Should I generate the PIN first and then call the contact centre to activate my card?
Yes, card activation is only possible post you generate the 4 digit PIN for your card.
- What should I do if I forget my 4 digit PIN?
You can request a replacement card by visiting any of the 16 selected Standard Chartered Bank branches: https://www.sc.com/global/av/ng-instapack-branch-list.pdf
Steps to follow if you have forgotten your PIN
- Call our 24X7 Contact Centre +234 1 270 4611-4 using dedicated lines to report a forgotten PIN
- Bank’s representative will conduct verification and inform you to visit your nearest SCB branches for an immediate replacement debit card.
- What other important things do I need to keep in mind?
Security of your PIN: - Your PIN should be confidential and known to you only. For Security reasons DO NOT write your PIN on your card and or any item in your wallet or purse or any item liable to be lost and stolen simultaneously with your card. The security of your Card & PIN is extremely important. If you fail to observe these security requirements you will be liable for any unauthorised use and any loss involved.
- Report in case of Lost /Stolen card?
Security is obviously a vital issue with cash cards. So if you suspect your card has been stolen or if you happen to lose your card, you need to report the loss or theft by calling our 24X7 Contact Centre +234 1 270 4611-4. Informing us through a phone call is the best way to advise us to safeguard your account.
- Can I stop the usage of my debit card on any channel?
You can stop the usage of your card for online (e-commerce transactions) by calling our contact centre on +234 1 270 4611-4.
However, you will be unable to use the debit card for online transactions (e-commerce) when switched off.