- To be eligible to participate in the Referral Programme, referrer must be an existing client of the Bank, and the programme is not applicable to retail banking frontline sales.
- The programme is only applicable to new-to-bank customer. “new-to-bank customer” refer to a client who does not hold any banking account with our bank as of Sep 30 2023. Customers reopening account during the campaign will not be considered as the “new-to-bank customer”.
- If the Referees are Co-Branded debit card users, they will not participate in the MGM programme and referrers will not receive MGM rewards.
- Referee cannot be the same person as referrer.
- Referrer should log in the “Standard Chartered China” WeChat Mini-Programme for programme fulfilment.
2. Employee Banking provides the service to the corporate for payroll distribution or employees who set a payroll account to receive monthly salary disbursed or remitted by companies or individuals.
3. Monthly New Fund-in amount equals the month-end account balance minus the account balance at the beginning of that month. The monthly received salary is countable as “monthly New Fund-in”. The transaction time is subject to the bank’s system record. The first new Fund-in should occur during the campaign period and meets the consecutive 3- month new fund-in requirements within 4 months since onboarding (starting from account opening month).
4. Qualified Premium Banking Customer refers to:
(1) A customer who maintains a daily average balance of RMB 10,000 (or an equivalent amount in foreign currency) of deposits and/or investments in the month, or
(2) A customer who keeps a minimum amount of RMB 1,000,000 (or an equivalent amount in foreign currency) but lower than RMB 2,000,000 (or an equivalent amount in foreign currency) for outstanding principal of mortgage loan with the Bank at the last working day of the month.
5. Qualified Priority Banking Customer refers to:
(1) A customer who maintains a daily average balance of RMB 500,000 (or an equivalent amount in foreign currency) of deposits and/or investments in the month, or
(2) A customer who keeps a minimum of RMB 2,000,000 (or an equivalent amount in foreign currency) outstanding principal amount of mortgage loan with the Bank at the end of the last working day of the month.
6. Qualified Priority Private Customer refers to: A customer who maintains a daily average balance of RMB 7,000,000 (or an equivalent amount in foreign currency) of deposits and/or investments.
7. Daily average balance of deposits and/or investments in the month = (Cumulative sum of daily balance of the customer’s deposits and/or investments of each working day in the month) / (sum of working days in the month). Customer’s deposits and/or investments will only include premiums paid for bancassurance products.
8. Referrer’s Obligations Referrer should ensure the accuracy of referral relationship and has fully understood the campaign requirements before providing referee’s information. If the referrer violates above commitment, the Bank reserves the right to cancel the benefits that the referrer has or will receive, including but not limited to cease delivering and/or clawing back the reward.
9. Referrer can claim star rewards in “Standard Chartered China” WeChat Mini-Programme within 2 months from the month referee meets all the reward criteria.
10. The total reward per referrer is limited to 160 stars/quarter.
11. Expiration date of each star is by the end of the following year upon star issuance. Customer can check star balance via “Star Transaction History” on Priority Journey module in mini-programme and redeem stars to preferred gifts in online “Gift Shop”.
12. The customer’s initiation of gift redemption shall be deemed as agreement that the Bank can disclose recipient’s name, contact number, address and other relevant order information provided by customer to designated vendors for gift delivery. Customer shall ensure the accuracy of the mailing address, post code, mobile phone number and other relevant order information before submission. The bank shall not be held accountable for any delay/failure in gift delivery due to incorrect or outdated information provided by the customer.
13. Gifts cannot be converted or exchanged to cash. If selected gift is out of stock, the Bank reserves the right to switch to other gifts with equivalent value.
14. Gifts and services of this campaign are provided by the third party, and customers shall comply with the third party’s relevant service requirements. Merchandise pictures and contents shown in this promotion are provided by the third party for reference only. The Bank is not responsible for its accuracy and authenticity, and such content shall not be regarded as any implied recommendation, promise or guarantee by the Bank on merchants’ products or services. Merchants are legally responsible for the products or services they provide.
15. The Bank has never authorized any third party organization or individuals to promote or process credit card applications. Please refer to the official information published by the Bank for any customer campaign. In the meantime, be cautious to protect your own personal information.
16. The Bank may collect, use, store and disclose personal information of referrers and referees to the external party (including but not limited to third party suppliers) within the scope of the law.
17. The Bank reserves the right to make changes to this programme (e.g. campaign duration, gifts involved etc.) within the scope of the law and announce through the Bank’s official website in time. Referrers and referees can require the Bank for thorough explanation of the campaign mechanism before participation, or enquire with your RM, or refer to the official website for details.
18. In these Terms and Conditions, “our Bank“, “the Bank“, “Standard Chartered Bank” refer to Standard Chartered (China) Limited.
19. If there is any inconsistency between the English version and the Chinese version, the Chinese version shall prevail.