- What is my Credit limit?
Your credit limit is the amount you are allowed to borrow at any one time based on your income and satisfactory credit bureau report
- Can I use my credit card abroad?
Yes. You will be able to use your credit card abroad to make payments and take cash from ATMs , make online transactions and perform other transactions up to a maximum of $10,000.00 per travel annually
- Is there a charge if I withdraw cash from my SCB Credit Card via an ATM?
Yes there is. We charge a cash fee of 3% of the amount withdrawn when you take cash out (with a minimum charge of GHS25.00). You will find all the information you need in the Terms And Conditions on our web site - https://www.sc.com/global/av/gh-cc-tnc.pdf
Remember – interest rate applies to cash withdrawals. Purchases via POS and Online are free for the stipulated interest free period. So it can be costly to use your credit card to get cash out on a regular basis.
- How can I change my statement date/payment due date?
Just complete our limit/billing cycle change request form online or send same to the branch, letting us know the preferred dates. We will then let you know if we can change the dates, or not. More information on salary payment date may be required from you.
- How many days before my payment due date will I receive a statement?
You will receive your statement twenty days before your payment is due. In spite of the option you choose, please make sure your payment reaches us by the due date.
- How can I pay my bill?
You can pay your bill in a range of ways including:
1. Online/Mobile Banking
You can pay your bill by transferring funds from your current/savings account to your credit card account via online/mobile banking.
When making a payment from SCB online/mobile;
- Select ‘Credit Card Payment’ under 'Payments' in the main menu.
- Select account from which payment will be made
- Select active card
- Select payment type –One time or recurring
- Select payment amount – statement balance due/Minimum due /Others
- Select date
- Click next
2. By Standing Instruction
This is automatically set up when your card is issued. There are two SI payment options: the minimum amount and the total amount due (subject to minimum payment requirements of GHS50.00).
- If I have a Standing Instruction set up, can I still make additional payments?
The minimum payment is really a safety net to ensure you don't incur late payment charges. Ideally, you should still make additional payments by other means rather than sticking to the minimum each month.
If you make an additional payment, your spend or statement balance will be reduced by the amount of the additional payment.
- How much cash can I withdraw from my SCB Credit Card?
- On your account you have a total cash withdrawal limit of 30% and a daily cash withdrawal limit.
- The daily cash withdrawal limit is GHS5000.00 for Platinum and GHS8000.00 for infinite
- When Do I have to pay
The date your payment is due is printed on your monthly statement. The standing Instruction set up on your account will run on the due date. In case you want to make additional payments, please allow 3 working days for us to receive and process your payment. If your account is not funded within 2 days after your payment due date, you will be charged late payment fees.