Standard Chartered Bank Ghana Limited is the oldest commercial bank in Ghana and has been listed on the Ghana Stock Exchange since 1991. It began its operations in 1896 as the Bank of British West Africa and served as the Central Bank of the Gold Coast in the pre-independence era until 1953. The Bank has three client segments - Corporate and Institutional Banking, Retail Banking and Commercial Banking supported by five product groups – Transaction Banking, Financial Markets, Retail Products, Wealth Management and Corporate Finance.
Being Ghana’s premier bank, Standard Chartered has been at the fore front of financial market development supporting trade and investment activities of our customers and clients. The Bank continues to support Ghana’s diverse sectors of the economy, leading international loan syndications to finance key economic activities such as cocoa and the emerging oil and gas sector.
Standard Chartered continues to lead the way in the digital revolution in the banking industry. We are developing standardized digital platforms to meet rapidly changing client needs at the right scale and effectively engaging our clients across digital channels. With our cutting-edge mobile and online banking platforms, our clients enjoy a consistent online experience across laptops or mobile devices and the convenience of banking from the location of their choice.
Standard Chartered Bank Ghana Limited has been the recipient of several local and international awards, demonstrating its leadership in the market.
- Digital Bank of the Year 2019 - Ghana Information Technology & Telecom Awards.
- Digital Team of the Year 2019 - Ghana Information Technology & Telecom Awards.
- Mobile Banking App of the Year 2019 - Ghana Information Technology & Telecom Awards.
- Excellence in Employment Opportunity Award 2019 - Ghana Disability Excellence Awards (GDEA).
- Best Sub-custodian Bank Award 2019 - Global Finance Awards.
- Best Digital Consumer Bank in Ghana 2019 - Global Finance Awards (8th consecutive year).
- Digital Bank of the Year 2018 - Ghana Information Technology & Telecom Awards.
- Mobile Banking App of the Year 2018 - Ghana Information Technology & Telecom Awards.
- Best Security Services Provider in Ghana 2018 – Global Finance Awards (2nd year in a row)