Standard Chartered – leading the way in Ghana
Standard Chartered Bank Ghana Limited is a market – leading financial services brand in Ghana, listed on the Ghana Stock Exchange.
It has operated for 118 years in the country and is currently the highest priced stock on the exchange.
The Bank's focus and commitment to developing deep relationships with clients and customers have driven its consistent growth in recent years.
With a current network of 27 branches and 56 ATMs across Ghana, Standard Chartered offers exciting product propositions for customers and clients as well as career opportunities for more than 1,000 staff in Ghana.
It is committed to building a sustainable business over the long term in Ghana and is trusted worldwide for upholding high standards of corporate governance, social responsibility, environmental protection and employee diversity.
The Bank's heritage and values are expressed in its brand promise, 'Here for good'.
Review of Operations
- Standard Chartered Bank Ghana offers a wide range of personal banking products and services nationwide through a network of 21 branches, 1 main Priority Centre at Opeibea with adjoining Priority Lounges at all our branches to cater for our Priority customers, 1 agency on the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science And Technology Campus and alternate channels such as ATMs, call centres, transactional banking, debit cards, personal loans, and SMS banking. Standard Chartered Bank is the only bank which has 2 SME centres in the country.
- Customers enjoy the privilege of a banking partner that is flexible and tailors solutions to take care of their specific banking needs. Standard Chartered services are backed by a strong commitment to providing its customers with effective and reliable banking services and out serving their expectations.
Corporate & Institutional Banking
- Standard Chartered Bank offers its corporate and institutional clients comprehensive banking solutions with particular emphasis on relationship banking.
- Corporate clients benefit from a full range of flexible financial propositions that address individual needs.
- Clients can access traditional as well as structured products in the areas of lending, trade finance, cash management and treasury. Customers also have access to cross-border payments, treasury services, transaction banking and custodial services – all supported by electronic funds transfer and cash management systems.
- Corporate & Institutional Banking provides innovative solutions to address the needs of valued customers. An extensive knowledge of international markets combined with a deep local insight puts the Bank in a unique position to provide quality advice and information on currencies, interest rates and risk management. The Bank has always been at the forefront of creative product offerings. Products offered include foreign exchange forwards and spots, high-yield deposits and foreign currency options. The Bank is an authorized Foreign Exchange Dealer of the Central Bank.
Points of Interest-Awards in the Last 5 Years
- Euro money Best Bank Award for 2003
- Ashanti Financial Services Award – 2003
- Gold – Overall Best Bank
- Gold – Export Finance
- Gold – Constructive Finance
- Bronze – Industrial Finance
- Ghana Banking Awards 2003
- Best Bank Product Innovation
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Ghana Banking Awards 2006
- Best Bank – Trade Finance
- Best Bank – Financial Performance
- The Bank Awards 2004
- Chartered Institute of Marketing Ghana Awards 2006
- Chartered Institute of Ghana Marketing Awards 2006
- Euromoney Excellence Awards 2007
Ghana @50 Golden Jubilee Business & Financial Services Excellence Awards 2007.
Gold Award for outstanding contribution to the economic and social development of Ghana.
Standard Chartered's community work in Ghana has led the way within and outside the Group. The Bank's 100 wells for 100 communities project has been cited as best practice within the country as a standard for responsible business.