Standard Chartered Bank Ghana Limited is Ghana’s is the oldest commercial bank and has been listed on the Ghana Stock Exchange since 1991. The Bank began its operations in 1896 as the Bank of British West Africa and served as the Central Bank in the pre-independence era until 1953. The Bank has three client segments, Corporate and Institutional Banking, Retail Banking and Commercial Banking supported by five product groups – Transaction Banking, Financial Markets, Retail Products, Wealth Management and Corporate Finance.
Being Ghana’s premier bank, Standard Chartered has been at the cutting edge of financial market development supporting trade and investment activities of our customers and clients. The Bank continues to support Ghana’s diverse sectors of the economy, leading international loan syndications to finance key economic activities such as Cocoa and the emerging Oil and Gas sector as well as several community engagement initiatives.
- Digital Bank of the Year 2019 - Ghana Information Technology & Telecom Awards.
- Digital Team of the Year 2019 - Ghana Information Technology & Telecom Awards.
- Mobile Banking App of the Year 2019 - Ghana Information Technology & Telecom Awards.
- Best Sub-custodian Bank Award 2019 - Global Finance Awards.
- Digital Bank of the Year 2018 - Ghana Information Technology & Telecom Awards.
- Mobile Banking App of the Year 2018 - Ghana Information Technology & Telecom Awards.
- Best Digital Consumer Bank in Ghana 2018 - Global Finance Awards (6th consecutive year).
- Best Security Services Provider in Ghana 2018 – Global Finance Awards. (2 years in a row)