1. Standard Chartered / MANHATTAN credit card principal card customers are eligible for Standard Chartered / MANHATTAN credit card Octopus Automatic Add Value Service, but it is not applicable to Standard Chartered WorldMiles Card (formerly known as Standard Chartered American Express® Card), Standard Chartered JOS Visa Platinum Card, Corporate Card and Visa Signature Business Card.
2. Application of Automatic Add Value Service (“AAVS”) for Supplementary credit card cardholder is only applicable to principal credit cardholder who has already enrolled / would like to apply the AAVS at the same time.
3. Each of the applicants must apply for the AAVS with an Octopus card or product (“Octopus”). The approval of the application shall be at the discretion of Octopus Cards Limited and Standard Chartered Bank (“the Bank”).
4. Phone application for Octopus Automatic Add Value Service can only be made by the principal cardholder only.
5. The AAVS is free for all first time applications. A handling fee of HK$20 will be levied for applications switched from other banks or re-activation of AAVS. The handling fee will be deducted from the newly designated credit card once the application is approved.
6. Should applicants who opt for auto-reloading HK$150/HK$500 per transaction want to switch to another bank that only provides the option of auto-reloading HK$250 per transaction thereafter, applicants should either change the auto-reloading amount to HK$250 or cancel the AAVS before switching to another bank. Applicants are required to pay Octopus Cards Limited a non-refundable handling fee.
7. For more details of the application terms and conditions for Octopus Automatic Add Value Service, please refer to the application form.
8. The AAVS approval processing time normally takes around 2 to 3 weeks. An activation letter will be sent to the applicant upon confirmation of successful application.