Take control of your finances and enjoy higher returns with our XtraSaver Account. With 2% interest p.a. it’s one of the best savings rates in the UAE, so there’s really no comparison.
Set up a standing instruction on your XtraSaver Account and grow your savings, every month. Here’s how you can enjoy higher returns with regular deposits.
|month 1||month 2||month 3||month 4||month 5||month 6|
Earn 1% p.a. in the first 2 months and 2% p.a. onwards for up to 1 debit transaction1 per month. No interest earned on 2 or more debit transactions in a month.
Terms and Conditions
- Terms and Conditions
The XtraSaver Account is available in AED denomination only. The opening of the XtraSaver Account will be limited to 1 Account per client. Only Fresh Funds may be deposited into the XtraSaver Account. “Fresh Funds” are defined as funds brought in from outside Standard Chartered Bank UAE (the “Bank”) within 90 days of opening the XtraSaver Account.
All Transactions will be considered completed on the Value Date (the date of the transaction as determined by our Banking systems).Transactions performed on Fridays and public holidays will reflect on the next Bank working day.
If the account is closed before the end of the Calendar Month, 0% interest (p.a.) is applicable for that Calendar Month. Calendar Month being one of the twelve months of the calendar year.
*The above interest rate is subject to change at any time. Provided that no more than 1 debit transaction is made to the account per month, clients can earn 1% p.a. each month for the first two consecutive months and 2% p.a. from the third consecutive month onwards. Should there be 2 or more debit transactions in a month, the interest earned will be 0% for that month, and the interest rate cycle will repeated as detailed above.
Debit Transactions include all withdrawals from the account, including, but not limited to, the Bank’s fees and charges, standing orders, loan recoveries, retail purchases, ATM withdrawals etc. Debit transactions in which no separate Bank fees and charges are levied include Standard Chartered Bank UAE ATM withdrawals, retail purchases, 3D Secure transactions and utility bill payments. This also includes the instance where a client initiated debit transaction is subsequently reversed and credited back to the XtraSaver Account.
1Interest shall be calculated daily based on the available daily-ending balance (which includes accumulated interest) and paid on the last business day of each calendar month.
2If you hold other accounts under the same master number as the XtraSaver Account, the Minimum Balance Requirements of AED 3,000 (or foreign currency equivalent) are applicable to those accounts. However, any balances held in your XtraSaver Account(s) will apply toward satisfaction of the Minimum Balance Requirements for those accounts.
Further terms and conditions and the Service and Price Guide can be found here
- Campaign Terms and Conditions
- The offer is available to all existing and new customers of the Bank opening an XtraSaver Account for the first time
- The campaign is valid from 1 September 2017 to 31 March 2018
- Customers who already have an XtraSaver Account or have closed their XtraSaver Account on or after 31 March 2017 are excluded from this offer
- Customers will have to fund the account with a minimum of AED 100,000 in each of the first two months of account opening to be eligible for the bonus payout of 1% p.a. in that month
- The bonus payment will be made to the respective accounts by the 15th of the following month
- In case there are more than one debit transactions on the account in month 1 or month 2 of account opening, no bonus interest will be paid out to the previous one, after (Further terms and conditions and the Service and Price Guide can be found here) without deleting anything.