The basic principles of investing
Our Wealth Management professionals understand that a successful investment portfolio requires the right asset allocation for you. The right investment choice is all about finding a suitable balance between risk and rewards, bearing in mind your financial goals, risk appetite and investment timeframe.
When it comes to investing, risk and reward go hand in hand. All investments involve some degree of risk. The reward for taking on risk is the potential for a greater investment return. We will help you determine your level of risk appetite. In other words, are you a conservative or aggressive investor? This piece of information is an important factor in forming the right portfolio for you.
Your portfolio will consist of an assortment, or 'diverse' mixture of investments. Diversification is vital in ensuring risk is kept in check. By investing in a range of investments across different asset classes, you avoid 'putting your eggs in one basket'.
At Standard Chartered, all our clients have unique needs so before working with them we take the time to understand their particular circumstances so that we can build a package personal to them. Our goal is to create a partnership that goes beyond the purely financial; by demonstrating true understanding, we can deliver a true partnership.
We believe so strongly in the importance of managing our clients' affairs with discipline that we have developed five main investment principles that anchor the way we interact with clients:
- Develop a thorough understanding of, and appreciation for, each client's unique circumstances and objectives
- Maintain a strategic long-term approach that is always focused on the needs of our clients rather than individual financial transactions
- Recommend innovative financial solutions that are based on an objective assessment of each client's goals
- Maintain an open architecture investment platform that gives clients access to the best wealth management talent in the world
- Continually evaluate markets, products and asset managers so as to ensure that our recommended solutions deliver the results that our clients expect