Diversity and inclusion in the community
In the community, we work with local organisations and community partners to empower, educate and engage diverse groups of people.
Through our employee volunteering programme, we aim to facilitate a culture of inclusion in the markets where we operate.
Here are some of the ways we support diversity and inclusion within our communities:
- Our microfinance initiative targeted at war widows in Sri Lanka aims to empower the women with financial literacy skills and relevant credit facilities towards starting up their own businesses
- Our signing of the Business Taskforce for Accessible Technology's Charter in 2013 reaffirmed our intent to make our information and communication technology more accessible
- We partner with local NGOs and government organizations within our markets to facilitate employment opportunities for people with disabilities
- Through our employee volunteering scheme, staff are encouraged to spend three days volunteering for community-based non-profit organisations
- Through Goal, our global youth development programme, we teach young women vital life-skills that are aimed at enhancing their growth
- We’ve committed to raise USD100 million by 2020 to help eliminate avoidable blindness and visual impairment through our Seeing is Believing Programme
- Our HIV and AIDS education programme, Living with HIV, has educated more than one million people to help them make safer choices and stop the spread of HIV.
We actively collaborate and engage with external networks and partners on relevant initiatives, as well as to learn and share best practice. This includes the Global Banking Alliance for Women, Diversity and Inclusion Asia Network, Center for Talent Innovation and Inclusion and Diversity Consortium.
Access to finance
We're committed to developing products and services that improve access to finance.
Helping others to see
We raise money to prevent and treat avoidable blindness - matching every donation.
Empowerment through sport
Goal uses education and sport to help transform the lives of adolescent girls.