Personal Data comprises all the details SCB holds or collects about you, directly or indirectly, your transactions, financial information, interactions and dealings with SCB, including information received from third parties and information collected through use of our website and our electronic banking services.
Purposes for which we may handle your Personal Data
The purposes for which we may handle your Personal Data include the following:
- processing applications for products and services, effecting payments, transactions and completing instructions or requests
- providing products and services (including electronic banking service)
- assessing suitability for products and services
- credit assessment, including conducting credit checks and setting credit limits
- operational purposes
- statistical analysis, including behavioural analysis and profiling
- establishment, continuation and management of banking relationships and accounts
- conducting market research and surveys with the aim of improving our products and services
- for marketing purposes, promotional events, competitions and lucky draws
- for the prevention, detection, investigation and prosecution of crime in any jurisdiction (including, without limitation, money laundering, terrorism, fraud and other financial crime)
- identity verification, government sanctions screening and due diligence checks
- to comply with: local or foreign law, regulations, voluntary codes, directives, judgments or court orders, agreements between any member of the Standard Chartered Group and any authority, regulator, or enforcement agency; policies (including the Standard Chartered Group’s policies), good practice, government sanctions or embargoes, reporting requirements under financial transactions legislation, and demands or requests of any authority, regulator, tribunal, enforcement agency, or exchange body
- to seek professional advice, including, in connection with any legal proceedings (including any prospective legal proceedings), for obtaining legal advice or for establishing, exercising or defending legal rights
- surveillance of premises and ATMs.
To whom we may disclose Personal Data
Any member of SCB, including our officers, employees, agents and advisers, may disclose your Personal Data to any of the following parties for any of the purposes specified above:
- any member of the Standard Chartered Group anywhere in the world, including any officer, employee, agent or director
- professional advisers (including auditors), third party service providers, agents or independent contractors providing services to support SCB’s business
- any person to whom disclosure is allowed or required by local or foreign law, regulation or any other applicable instrument
- any court, tribunal, regulator, enforcement agency, exchange body, tax authority, or any other authority (including any authority investigating an offence) or their agents
- any debt collection agency, credit bureau or credit reference agency, rating agency correspondents, insurer or insurance broker, direct or indirect provider of credit protection and fraud prevention agencies
- any financial institution to conduct credit checks, anti-money laundering related checks, for fraud prevention and detection of crime purposes
- anyone we consider necessary to facilitate requests for services or applications for products with any member of the Standard Chartered Group
- anyone we consider necessary in order to provide services in connection with a product located in any jurisdiction.
The security of your personal data is important to us. SCB and all members of the Group comply with technical and organisational security measures to safeguard your personal data. When using external service providers, we require that they adhere to the same security standards as SCB. Personal data may be transferred to, or stored at, a location outside of your country of residence. Regardless of where personal data is transferred, we take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that personal data is kept securely.
You should be aware that the Internet is not a secure form of communication and sending and receiving information over the Internet carries with it risks including the risk of access and interference by unauthorized third parties. Information passing over the Internet may be transmitted internationally (even when sender and recipient are located in the same country) via countries with weaker privacy and data protection laws than in your country of residence. We do not accept responsibility or liability for the confidentiality, security or integrity of your Personal Data in connection with its transmission over the Internet.
Other terms and conditions
We retain your Personal Data for legal, regulatory, business and operational purposes.
We will not send you marketing material if you have specifically asked us not to do so.
To the extent permitted by law, we may record and monitor your electronic communications with us to ensure compliance with our legal and regulatory obligations and internal policies for the purposes outlined above.
Right of access
Subject to applicable law, regulations and/or banking industry guidelines, you may have the right to request a copy of the Personal Data processed in relation to you SCB may be allowed by law to charge a fee for a copy of personal data.
Applying to work for the Standard Chartered Group