- General Tips
Your PIN should not be easy that someone else could figure out and use the card such as your birthday, your address, ect. Memorize your PIN. Don’t write it on your card or any where in your wallet. Do not tell your PIN to anyone
When entering your PIN at ATM, be aware of any people that may be standing around you attempting to look over your shoulder.
Always remember to take your cash and your card back from the ATM. Do it as soon as it pops out, if it remains in slot the ATM and over the allowed time, it will suck card and cash back up to prevent it from being stolen. If you use ATM of other banks, it will not return the card to you; in this case, you need to notify Standard Chartered to issue a new one.
After 3 consecutive wrong entries of PIN or 6 wrong entries within a day, your card is blocked; the ATM automatically rejects the card. In case the card is deactivated because of wrong PIN entries, you need to contact the Customer Service Center and ask for unblock the card.
Sign at the back of the card right after you receive card from Standard Chartered as merchants may check and compare the signature on the sale slip with the signature at the back of card.
When using debit card at the merchant establishment, only primary account is able to be debited for payment at the merchant.
- Cardholder must not perform, organise, or encourage others to perform, organise fraudulent card transactions.
- Cardholder must not buy, sell, rent card/card information, or sign-up card for another party
- About your card
- Card Number: This is your exclusive 16-digit card number. Please quote this number in all communication/correspondence with the bank.
- Your Name: Only you are authorized to use your card. Please check to see that your card has been correctly indent printed.
- Valid From-Expires End: Your card is valid from the day it is activated until the date of expiry as given on the card. Maximum term of validity of the card is 8 years.
- Primary Account Number: This is the primary bank account to which this card is linked.
- Magnetic Strip: Important information pertaining to your account is encoded here. Please protect your card from scratching or exposure to magnets and magnetic fields as they can damage your strip.
- Personal Identification Number (PIN): You will receive a confidential PIN for use of your card at ATM’s.
- Signature Panel: Please sign this panel immediately on the receipt of your card with a non erasable ball point pen.
- CVV2 Number: three (3) digit at the back side of the card
- Smartlink logo: Any ATM displaying this logo shall accepts your ATM card nationwide. Look for any ATM having this logo then your ATM card can be accepted at this ATM.
- Visa Plus and Hologram (Debit Card): any ATM displayed this logo accepts your Debit card worldwide.
- Electronic use only: in case of purchase transactions, the debit card can only be used at merchant outlets with electronic point.
- Debit card activation: After receiving card, you may change PIN for security purpose at the ATM. You would not be able to use at POS or online transaction if you do not change PIN or have not done any transaction at ATM.
Each ATM may be associated with any bank, but you can use any machine that is part of Standard Chartered’s “network”. Look for the network symbols on the back of your card “VISA PLUS” or “Smartlink”. Your card can be used in any ATM or Merchant (Debit Card) displayed these same symbols.
- Special features
Account holder would be required to tag the primary account linked to the card and all default transactions would automatically occur in the primary account.
The account holder can link secondary account(s) to his/her card and transaction can be transacted from secondary account also (only applied at Standard Chartered’s ATM)
If your card ever gets lost or stolen, you are only protected against fraudulent purchase transactions from the moment you report the loss to Standard Chartered Customer Service Center in Vietnam (Call to the Call Center and report). For you to confirm the loss it is important to completely verify yourself as the card holder on the phone. You are also required under the law of Vietnam to confirm in writing the same to the bank. Standard Chartered would officially confirm blocking of the card after receiving the notice.
Standard Chartered will arrange to replace your card once you have blocked your card at Standard Chartered branch. The fee for card re-issuance will be at your expense. You would be required to visit our branch to collect your card. The card number and PIN would again be re-generated at Standard Chartered and request for the same number account could not be entertained.
Standard Chartered would issue you a new card automatically when the card expires. In case you activate the new card (first usage) prior to the expiry date you would automatically deactivate the old card.
- With the EMV chip and contactless feature, using your Standard Chartered Debit Card has never been safer and more convenient.
- If your card was issued or replaced from 20 March 2018 onwards, simply tap your Standard Chartered Debit Card on a contactless reader to make payment at eligible merchants. Otherwise, you may request a card replacement via your nearest bank branch to enjoy the new contactless feature.