Executive Management Committee
Name: Herman Kasekende
Job Title: Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer
Year Joined the Bank: 1998
- CEO, Standard Chartered Bank Uganda
- Head of Consumer Banking
- General Manager - SME Banking
- General Manager - Shared Distribution
- Regional Head of SME Products and Solutions
- Swimming, jogging and volunteering.
Name: Venus Hampinda
Job Title: Acting Chief Financial Officer
Year Joined the Bank: 2015
- Responsible for financial and management accounting, taxation, balance sheet, capital structure management, regulatory reporting
- Provides insight and understanding on the financial performance of the Bank
- Responsible for the administrative operations of the bank, including real estate, security (CRES) and supply chain management
- Leads on the strategic commercial decision making process
- Director, Finance and Corporate Planning (Zambia National Building Society)
- Director, Risk and Internal Audit (Zambia National Building Society)
- Senior Relationship Manager - Corporate Banking (Zambia National Commercial Bank))
- Audit Manager – PricewaterhouseCoopers (Zambia and the UK)
- Cooking, gardening, listening to music, interior decorating and wedding planning
Name: Kabwe Mwaba
Job Title: Head of Financial Markets
Year Joined the Bank: 2009
- Responsible for developing, implementing and delivering Financial Markets (FM) strategic plan.
- Works with product partners within FM to identify, develop and roll-out products capabilities to clients.
- Overview of country Financial Markets dealing activities to ensure market risks are within agreed Global parameters.
- Head, Asset & Liability Management, Southern Africa (Lusaka)
- Head, Asset & Liability Management, East Africa (Nairobi)
- Head of ALM (Zambia)
- Soccer and travelling.
Name: Ruth Chanda Simuyemba
Job Title: Head of Human Resources
Year Joined the Bank: 2008
- Responsible for human resources policies and procedures in Zambia.
- Ensures that all staff-related policies, procedures and practices comply with local regulatory requirements, reflect best practices and meet Group standards.
- To provide a comprehensive people management strategic partnership for each business function.
- HRRM – Consumer Banking
- Human Resources Manager - United Nations Development Programme
- Reading and listening to music.
Name: Musonda Musakanya
Job Title: Chief Information Officer
Year Joined the Bank: 2012
- Responsible for the overall Bank operational strategy and service to customers and departments.
- Is the local technology and operations business partner to enable the achievement of business priorities and initiatives.
- Head of Operations & Technology and General Manager, Operation - Citibank Zambia Limited
- Cash Product Head - Citibank Zambia Limited
- Listening to music, travelling and watching movies.
Name: Tracey Gains
Job Title: Chief Risk Officer / SCO Southern Africa
Year Joined the Bank: 1979
- Responsible for the implementation of the overall risk management framework.
- Ensures that the quality of the corporate credit portfolio of Corporate, Institutional and Commercial is maintained within acceptable parameters.
- Corporate Banking Relationship Manager - SCB.
- Head of Audit, SCB India
- SCO & Head of GSAM, SCB Sri Lanka, Dubai and Ghana.
- Regional Head of Audit, Governance for Asia SCB Hong Kong.
- Watching sports, travel.
Name: Sonny Zulu
Job Title: Head of Retail Clients
Year Joined the Bank: 2003
- Provides leadership to the Zambia Retail Clients business.
- Responsible for delivering superior financial performance, people development, franchise development and customer management in the Retail Clients segment.
- General Manager, Distribution - Southern Africa
- Head of Corporate Affairs - Standard Chartered Zambia
- Travelling, astronomy and space science.
Name: Christine Matambo
Job Title: Head, Corporate Affairs
Year Joined the Bank: 2013
- Oversee Bank’s internal and external communications and government relationships
- Raising the Bank’s profile using business initiatives, sustainability agenda and thought leadership
- Issues management to mitigate negative issues that may affect the reputation of the Bank
- A member of the Policy team in the office of the Mayor of London, Mayor Boris Johnson
- Worked in the office of the Country Director UNDP Lusaka
- Animal welfare and Women’s issues
Name: Emmanuel Matombo Banda
Job Title: Head of International Corporates
Year Joined the Bank: 2005
- Responsible for developing, implementing and delivering International Corporates (IC) strategic plans in Zambia.
- Works with product partners in Financial Markets, Transaction Banking and Corporate Finance to identify, develop and roll-out solutions that meet clients’ needs in the IC space in Zambia.
- Works with the Country CEO and Executive Management team to drive the Bank’s franchise in Zambia.
- Head, Origination and Client Coverage - Copperbelt Region (Zambia)
- Head, Global Corporates (Zambia)
- Head, Commercial Banking (Kenya and East Africa)
- Head, International Corporates (Zambia)
- Soccer, reading and travelling.
Name: Farida Mukasa Kasujja
Job Title: Head of Financial Institutions
Year Joined the Bank: 1998
- Responsible for developing and implementing the Corporate and Institutional Banking strategy for the Financial institutions business in Zambia.
- Works with relationship managers and product partners to ensure growth and retention of client relationships in the following sub-segments: Development Organisations, Investors and Intermediaries, and Banks that have either a local or global presence, through leveraging the global network reach and products suite.
- Responsible for the overall credit and operational risks within the segment.
- Head, Transaction Banking (Uganda )
- Head, Financial Institutions and Development Organisations (Uganda )
- Travelling , watching movies and reading
Married with 3 lovely children
Name: Augustine Hamwela
Job Title: Head of Legal – Zambia and Southern Africa
Year Joined the Bank: 2011
- Responsible for managing legal risk for Standard Chartered Bank Zambia with management oversight for Southern Africa.
- Principal legal advisor for the Bank
- Head, Retail Clients Legal and Compliance (Zambia)
- Senior Legal and Compliance Counsel for Africa (South Africa)
- Private Practitioner (Zambia)
- Soccer and music.
Name: Fanwell Phiri
Job Title: Head of Audit, Zambia
Year Joined the Bank: 1999
- Responsible for managing and delivering the country audit plan.
- Providing assurance as to the adequacy of controls to the Local Board Audit Committee.
- Leading and developing the country audit team.
- Area Head of Group Special Assets Management (Southern Africa
- Head of Group Special Assets Management (Zamba)
- Credit Analyst, Agribusiness (Zambia)
- Playing squash and advocacy for internal audit practice development
Name: Peter Zulu
Job Title: Head of Compliance
Year Joined the Bank: 2001
- Responsible for managing the Bank’s regulatory relationships.
- Ensures the Bank adheres to regulatory requirements and expectations in Zambia
- Effective management of Financial Crime Risk through the deployment of Group policies and procedures
- Ministry of Lands (Zambia)
- Government/United Nations Development Programme Feeder Roads Project (Zambia)
- Memberships - Institute of Directors (Zambia Chapter), Certified Compliance Professionals (CCP)
- Travel, wildlife safaris and motor sports.