About the Service
- What is Online Banking?
Online Banking is a simple, hassle-free and secure internet banking service available to Standard Chartered customers in Pakistan.
- Why should I choose Online Banking?
- It's so easy to apply. And, it's FREE!
- It's your own bank. You have instant access to up-to-date information on your accounts.
- It's safe & easy. Using your Online Banking Login ID and Online Banking password, you can now bank with confidence knowing that your transactions remain safe with us. With our simple and intuitive navigational toolbars and buttons, you don't need other instructions or assistance.
- It's fast. It takes only a few minutes to get updated account information and complete a banking transaction – giving you more time to do other things.
- It's convenient. You can perform online banking right from the comfort of your home or office.
- With this service, you can access your Standard Chartered accounts 24 hours of the day, 365 days of the year.
- It's worldwide access. As long as you can access the Internet, you can access your Standard Chartered accounts, anywhere in the world.
- No special software required. You don't need to purchase any special software. As long as you have a personal computer (PC) with the minimum configuration, you are ready to start. Please check the minimum browser requirement.
- Wide range of service. Our wide range of online banking services will help you to better manage your finance. Moreover, we will progressively add more new services for your convenience.
- Do I have to pay for using this service / Is there an extra charge for this service?
No, there is no extra charge for using this service.
- Is this service available 24 hours?
Yes. This service is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Can I access the service from overseas?
Yes. As long as you are able to access the Internet with the recommended internet browser, you will be able to access the service.
- Can I see a summary of my accounts?
Yes. You can see a summary of your account profile at the Personal Homepage once you have logged-in to Online Banking.
- Can I view the transactions belonging to all my accounts?
Yes, you can view the transactions belonging to all your accounts under the Account Services, Account information section.
- How far back can I view my transaction history?
You can view your transactional history up to one year for your accounts and the last two statements for your Credit Card account. Your A/C statements are segmented as per the period selected. Card statements are monthly.
- Can I download and save my account information and latest transactions?
Yes. You can select your latest transaction or historical transactions for a period of up to one year from the current date and click on the download button to save the information for your tracking.
- How do I link my other accounts / Cards?
Go to the "Application Forms" in the 'Accounts' section in Online Banking, and click on "Account / Card Link form (Online)". Here you can list down all accounts and credit cards that you want to link with the existing Online Banking accounts.
Please note that your linking request will not be processed if account/card details such as mailing address, all contact numbers, email address, mobile number, CNIC, and operating instructions do not match with the existing account.
- What is the use of the Mail Box in the Personal Homepage?
The Mail Box is a feature in our Online Banking that allows you to view any messages that the Bank has sent to you. Read messages are kept for about one week in the mailbox.
- Can I use the Mail Box to send email to my friend?
No. The Mail Box is only for communication between you and Standard Chartered Bank. For security reasons, we do not accept any instruction relating to financial transactions through the Mail Box.
- Can I delete messages from the Mail Box?
Yes. You can delete messages from the Mail Box.
- How long do messages remain in the Mail Box?
All messages will be deleted automatically on weekly intervals.
- Can I get confirmation of my transaction?
Yes, you can get transaction alerts by email if you enable Online Banking email alerts.
You can do this from the Personal Details section within Online Banking.
Application For The Service
- Who can apply for this service?
To use this service, you must have at least a transactional or Credit Card account with Standard Chartered Pakistan. Partnership and Public Limited Companies are not eligible.
- How do I apply for this service?
There are three ways to apply for Online Banking service:
- Use "Instant Registration" method online (email and mobile number needs to be already updated)
- Call Phone Banking at 111-002002 / 0800-666-66
- Submit request at the branch
- How do I use the "Instant Registration" method to get Online Banking access?
You can get Online Banking Login ID and Password instantly using the Online Banking "Instant Registration" feature.
To use this feature your mobile number needs to be updated with the bank and you need to have access to your mobile phone.
- Visit http://www.standardchartered.com.pk and click on "Online Banking" to open Online Banking window.
- Click on the "Instant Registration" tab and agree on the Terms and Conditions.
- Enter your account number and your registered mobile number and verify the account details on the next screen.
- System will inform you that an SMS Passcode will be sent to your mentioned mobile number which you have to enter on the next screen.
- Once you enter the correct SMS Passcode you receive back into the system, it will ask you to select a Login ID and a Password.
- Once you have made this Online Banking ID you need to call phone banking form your updated 'Landline' number and get your ID activated.
- Now you can go to "Existing customer" tab to login with your new Login ID and Password you just set and enjoy the Online Banking experience.
Credit Card Services
- What are the card services available online?
- Cards Balance enquiry
- Card Statement
- Card Payment
- If I am only a Credit card customers and want Online Banking access how can I apply?
Standard Chartered Credit Card customers can apply for Online Banking by calling us at our 24-hour Phone Banking at 111 002 002 / 0800 66 666.
- How do I view my Credit Card statement?
You can view your current Standard Chartered Credit Card statement online and two previous card statements anytime, anywhere. All you need to do is to click on Card Information under Card Services and select the statement that you wish to see.
Your statements are segmented as:
- Current transactions:
Here you will view all your transactions recorded after your last month's statement from the Bank.
- Last statement:
This will be your last month's statement
- Prior statement:
This will be your statement 'prior' to the last month's statement.
- Current transactions:
- How do I pay my credit card bill online?
You can make payment to your Standard Chartered Credit Card bills via immediate or Set-up Standing Order payment mode. Simply click on 'Credit Card Bill Payment' under 'Card Services' and select the card you wish to pay, your debiting account and payment amount.
- When will my credit account be updated?
Your payment in Credit Card account will be updated in the next two working days.
- Can I use the same ID and PIN to view my Credit Card and account information?
Yes simply call our 24-Hours Phone Banking or contact branch to link your account and credit cards to existing Online Banking ID and PIN. Card / accounts with different operating instructions or risks will not be able to be linked.
- What kind of funds transfer can I do in this service?
You can transfer funds between your own Standard Chartered accounts, to another 3rd party Standard Chartered Pakistan account that you have already added as a beneficiary.
- Do I need to add the 3rd party account as a beneficiary before I can transfer funds to it via Online Banking?
Yes, you will need to add the accounts as your beneficiary before you can make a funds transfer to them.
- How do I add the 3rd party Standard Chartered accounts as beneficiary on?
Click on 'Maintain Beneficiary' in the "Funds Transfer" tab and go to 'Add Beneficiary' where you'll need to enter beneficiary account number, name and email address. In the next step you will be sent an email PIN to your email address and an SMS passcode (eTac) to your mobile number which you have to enter back on the screen. Following this 2FA validation your beneficiary account will be added and now you can transfer funds to this account.
- How long does it take for my Online Banking Fund Transfers made to another account within Standard Chartered Bank to be processed?
Online Banking Fund Transfers within Standard Chartered Bank are processed immediately, unless customer makes the transaction after midnight during bank's end of day activities, especially on the Saturday & Sunday nights. During this time all transaction postings are held off temporarily. Transactions made during this time period will get posted on the bank system at the end of the next day.
- Is there a maximum limit on the amount of funds I can transfer?
You can transfer up to PKR 500,000 to any 3rd party Standard Chartered Account.
- What is my ID and password for log-in?
They are unique secret words / characters for each user to ensure confidentiality. You need both of them to log-in. Login ID will be emailed and password mailed at your mailing address. If you register using "Instant Registration" then you get to set your ID and password yourself online.
- Can I use my ATM PIN or my Phone Banking PIN to log in to Online Banking?
No, you cannot use your ATM pin or Phone banking pin to login to Online Banking. However, you can use ATM / Debit card number and pin to register for Online Banking online through website.
- What should I do if I have lost / forgotten / did not receive my Login ID? How can I get the Login ID?
To get your Login ID just call our 24-hour Phone Banking at 111 002 002 / 0800 666 66.
Phone banker will tell you your Login ID against your account number after verification.
- What should I do if I have lost / forgotten / did not receive my Password / PIN?
There are two methods to get a new password generated:
ATM / Debit Card number and PIN method:
- You enter you Debit Card and ATM PIN
- A SMS Pass code will be sent on your mobile number updated with us.
- You will be required to enter this pass code on a screen ahead.
You will then be able to create your new "password" online.
If you have been issued a new ATM / Debit Card please activate it by calling 111 002 002 before you use it for Password Reset. Your mobile number should be updated with the bank to use this option.
Dispatch Password To My Mailing Address method:
- You enter your Login ID
- The new "password" will be mailed to your mailing address updated with us
- How do I use forget password with ATM / Debit Card number and ATM PIN?
To use this feature your mobile number needs to be updated in our records and your ATM / Debit card should already be activated. To activate your card please call our Phone Banking.
- Visit http://www.standardchartered.com.pk and click on "Online Banking" to open Online Banking window.
- Click on the "Forget Password" tab and agree on the Terms & Conditions.
- Choose "ATM / Debit Card number and ATM PIN" option to generate password now.
- Enter your 16 digit ATM / Debit Card number and your ATM PIN on the next screen.
- System will inform you that an SMS Passcode will be sent to your mentioned mobile number which you have to enter on the next screen. Verify that your mobile number is updated.
- Enter the SMS Passcode received on mobile number on the next screen.
- When you are authenticated system will ask you to set a new password and confirm it.
- Now you can go to "Existing customer" tab to login using your new password.
- What if my ATM / Debit card is blocked; can I register online using my ATM / Debit card?
To register for Internet Banking online you will need to have an active ATM / Debit card. Otherwise you can apply via branch or Phone Banking.
- What if I have received a new ATM / Debit card can I register online using my new ATM / Debit card?
You will need to first activate your ATM / Debit card. Once your ATM / Debit card is active, then you can use it to register online for Online Banking.
- Can I use expired ATM / Debit Card to register online?
No, you cannot use an expired Debit / Card to register online for Online Banking.
- Can I change my password?
Yes, you may change your password, using the 'Change Password' service in the 'Personal Details' section, anytime to ensure security.
- Can I change my Login ID?
You can only change your Login ID when you login to Online Banking for the very first time.
- What should I do if I suspect that my password has been stolen or exposed to others?
If you suspect that your password has been stolen or exposed to others, please change your password immediately. Choose 'Personal Update' and change your password online.
- How do I update my Email address / Mobile number?
You can use the following methods:
- Call our Phone Banking using your updated 'Landline' number to request for email address / mobile number.
- Drop an account detail updation form at the branch.
- Having trouble Logging in?
If you need assistance with logging in please use one of the following methods:
- Call 111 002 002 and choose option '6' to contact Online Banking helpdesk.
Timings: Mon – Sat (9:00am to 12:00am)
- Email at Ask.Us@sc.com
- Type "IBANKING" and SMS to 722
- Call 111 002 002 and choose option '6' to contact Online Banking helpdesk.
- Can I delete my Set-up Standing Order Instructions?
Yes. You can delete any of your Set-up Standing Order Instructions one business day before the effective due date. Please contact the Bank to effect this request off-line.
- How do I buy Prepaid Vouchers using Online Banking?
Go to "Bill Payments" section and click on "Prepaid Vouchers". Choose the voucher to buy and the account number to pay from. After you confirm you payment details, you will be given the voucher number along with other transaction details.
- How secure is this service / How safe is my personal information going through the service / What security measures are being used by the service?
This service employs the 128-bit Secure Socket Layer (SSL), which is one of the strongest encryption technology most commonly used by large scale online merchants, banks and brokerages worldwide. All online sessions between you and the bank are protected by up to 128-bit encryption, which best protects your information against disclosure to third parties.
- What is encryption and how is it used to protect my information?
Encryption is a method of scrambling your information to protect its transmission across the Internet. Encryption transforms data into an unreadable form and decryption reverses that process. Both encryption and decryption require the use of a special code, usually referred to as a key. The encryption of data provides a strong degree of protection against tampering while data is moving through the Internet.
- What are cookies and how are they used for this service?
- What precautions should I take for this online service?
Besides maintaining the confidentiality of your Online Banking ID and Online Banking password, you should take the following precautions:
- DO NOT reveal your ID and password to anyone, write down or use it where someone else can see.
- Change your password IMMEDIATELY, using the 'Change of Password' service, if you suspect it has been revealed.
- DO NOT use easily recognised numbers such as your telephone number etc. as your password.
- REMEMBER TO LOG OUT of the system and close your browser whenever you leave your computer, even for a short while.
- Clear your browser's cache on a regular basis so that your account information is removed. This is particularly important if you are using a shared PC. You should clear it after each session.
- Always use the latest recommended internet browser so that you are using the most updated security features available.
Call our phone banking immediately if you notice any unusual transactions on your account.
- What should I do if I suspect there are unauthorized transactions on my account?
If you suspect there are unauthorized transactions on your account, please report to our Phone Banking. Please provide details such as your name, account number, transaction type, date & time of transaction, description of error and amount involved.
If you suspect they are due to lost / stolen password, please call our phone banking to terminate the password immediately.
You may want to take note of your last log-in date and time, as indicated at the Personal Homepage, each time you log-in to the service.
- What precautions should I take when using shared / public PCs for this service?
We strongly recommend you not to conduct your Online Banking transactions on such PCs unless you are sure that it is safe to do so. Please clear browser cache after each session so that your account information is removed from such PCs.
- How do I safeguard and protect my password?
- Do not choose a password that is easily identifiable such as your personal telephone number, birthday or other personal information etc. down or use it where someone else can see.
- Avoid using sequential numbers (such as 123456) or same number more than twice (such as 123226) for your password.
- Your password must be kept confidential at all times and not be divulged to anyone. Do not reveal your password to anyone.
- Your password must be memorised and not be recorded anywhere. Do not write down your password or use it where someone can see.
- Change your password immediately if you suspect it has been revealed.
- Change your password regularly. You can change your password anytime under 'Personal Update – Change of Password'.
- What hardware and software do I need for using this service?
Minimum Hardware Requirement:
- PC with Pentium 166MHz processor or higher
- 32 MB RAM or higher
- SVGA or higher resolution monitor, 256 colors minimum, 800 x 600 screen resolution
- Modem of 56kbps or higher Minimum Software Requirement
- Microsoft Windows 95 / 98 / NT / 2000 operating system
- Microsoft Internet Explorer Version 4.01 with Service Pack 2 or above*
- Both "Java" and "Java Script" have to be enabled
* To make use of the 128-bit SSL encryption and enjoy the highest level of security, we strongly recommend that you upgrade your browser to Internet Explorer version 5.01 and above or Netscape Communicator 4.7 and above
- How do I know the version of the browser that I'm using?
If you are using Netscape Communicator:
- Click on [Help]
- Click on [About Communicator...]
If you are using Internet Explorer
- Click on [Help]
- Click on [About Internet Explorer]
- Click on [OK]
- Can I use other operating systems?
We do not recommend the use of any operating system other than those mentioned in Software Requirement.
- What display setting should I use for this service?
Our web site is optimised for view with screen resolution of 800 x 600.
- I'm a Macintosh user, will I be able to access this service?
We regret to inform you that Macintosh is not currently supported by this service.
Inter Bank Fund Transfer
- Are there any limitations to IBFT on Online Banking?
You can currently use IBFT to transfer only up to PKR 250,000 per day.
- What information do I require to do a transaction over IBFT on Online Banking?
You need the following:
- Complete Account number of the beneficiary in the other bank
- Amount that you wish to transfer in PKR
- When would IBFT on Online Banking fail?
IBFT may fail due to the following reasons:
- If you have not given the correct details for the beneficiary (including the beneficiary account number or branch code if required).
- If your account that you have indicated for the debit does not have the sufficient clear funds to cover the IBFT requested or has debit restrictions that lead to failure of debit.
- What is a TPIN?
Your Telephone Personal Identification Number (TPIN) is your electronic signature. Your TPIN is your identification for Phone Banking services and therefore should remain confidential. Please do not share it with anyone. If you think someone has discovered your TPIN, change it immediately.
- What if I lose my TPIN?
Call SCB Phone Banking services at 111 002 002 or 0800 44444 and report the incident immediately. The Phone Banking Officer will help you generate a new TPIN.
- I have lost my card. What do I need to do now?
Call SCB Phone Banking immediately to have your lost card reported and blocked. We will take a request for your new or replaced card.
- If I have blocked my card, can it be unblocked?
If the card is blocked due to non-payment then you have to first clear your dues then you can unblock your card.
- Can I access account services on self-service banking?
Yes. After TPIN verification on the self service banking, you can access all your accounts.
- Can I make Credit Card payments through self-service banking?
Yes, you can make Credit Card payments directly from the self service banking. You can make minimum, full or your choice of payment instantly through self-service banking.
- If I make a payment through self-service banking will it reflect on my account immediately?
All transactions that are made through self-service banking are instant except for payment transactions. Cheque payments are posted to your account within 3 days.
- What types of alerts are available through this service?
With this service you will be able to get SMS and email alerts on your transactions, on your mobile number & email address registered with us.
For bank accounts you will get alerts on:
- Deposit (cheques / cash)
- Withdrawal (cheques / cash)
- SCB Account to Account Transfer
- Purchase on Debit Card
For Credit Card you will get alerts on:
- Purchase on Credit Card
- Credit Limit Near Maximum
- Card Payment Received
- Statement Dispatched and Summary
- Payment Reminders
- Limit Enhancement Notification
- Will I be charged for Standard Chartered Alerts service?
Yes, Standard Chartered Alerts is a charged service. For details please refer to our Schedule of Charges.
- What do I need for enrolling for Standard Chartered Alerts?
Your mobile number and email address must be updated with us in order to be enrolled for this service. If these are not updated, you will have to raise updation request from your Standard Chartered Branch. (You may need to submit the supporting documents, if required).
- Can I get Alerts for my account / card on more than one mobile number?
No, you can enroll for Alerts on only One Mobile number against one relationship number.
- Can I get Alerts for multiple accounts / credit cards on my mobile number?
Yes, your accounts / card will be linked to provide access on same mobile number.
Please note that if any of these accounts are Corporate / Business / Partnership / Joint with "AND" option accounts, then you will need to submit the supporting official documents to allow us to link the accounts / cards and provide access from mentioned mobile number, to your Standard Chartered Branch, in order to get access to the service.
In case of multiple cards, Saadiq card can Not be enrolled for this service due to risk issues.
- How long will it take for me get registered for this service?
If you apply through Phone banking for only one account then you may get enrolled immediately. Otherwise it will take around (5) working days to get registered for multiple accounts / credit cards provided all the application requirements were met.
- How long after the transaction will I receive the alert?
You will receive alerts after 30 minutes for bank account related transactions, and after 5 minutes for credit card transactions.
- Can I get both SMS Banking (PULL) service and Alerts service on the same mobile number?
Yes, you can get both services on the same mobile number.
- Can I have Alerts for my Saadiq card also?
Only if it's the only credit card you are applying alerts for (along with or without bank accounts). In case of multiple cards, Saadiq card can not be enrolled for alerts due to risk issues.
- Can I also get my alerts on email also?
Yes you can receive SMS and email alerts also.
- After registration, what do I need to do to activate the Alerts service?
If you are already enrolled and active for SMS Banking service, you do not need to separately get Alerts activated. Otherwise you need to activate the service yourself by doing the RG command after receiving the welcome message. Just type RG give a space and type any 4 digit number that you want to set as your PIN and SMS it to 722. You will get an acknowledgment message and your SMS Banking / Alerts service will be activated.
- How can I update the mobile number or email address on which I need these services?
You will need to visit the branch and raise a mobile number and / or email address updation request. (You may need to submit the supporting documents, if required).
- How can I de-enroll from Alerts service?
You can call our 24-hor Phone Banking at 111 002 002 to de-enroll from this service.
- What are eStatements?
eStatement is an electronic statement delivered to your email address. The Bank Account and Credit Card eStatement looks exactly like your printed statement. The Shopping Card, American Express Card and VISA Gold Card statement is slightly different from the printed statement and is in HTML format.
- How much does the eStatement service cost?
There is no fee to enroll or use the eStatement service.
- Can I access eStatements anywhere in the world?
Yes, if you can access your email from a location, you will be able to view your eStatement.
- How do I sign up for eStatements?
To avail of this service, you can easily register through any of the following ways: For Bank Account and Credit Card customers:
- Fill out the "Remote Banking Sign up form" available at all Standard Chartered branches.
- Call Phone Banking at 111 002 002.
For Shopping Card, American Express and VISA Gold Card please call our 24-hour toll free contact number at 0800 99 999.
- When do I receive my eStatements?
You will receive your eStatement as per the frequency you defined in your Account Application form. Credit Card statements are sent monthly.
The frequency for bank account customers can be daily, weekly or monthly.
- Can I use eStatements and still receive my statements via regular mail?
Bank Account customers may only receive their statements either by regular mail or via eStatements.
Credit Card customers will continue to receive their paper statements in addition to eStatements.
For more information about changing your statement delivery method, see the answer to the Question below.
- How do I change my statement delivery method for my Bank Account from eStatement service to regular mail?
You can always switch back to the paper version of your statement at any time. To cancel your Bank Account or Credit Card eStatement, simply send in a written request to Customer Services Manager, Standard Chartered Bank or call Phone Banking at 111 002 002. Please allow 10 days from the time we receive your request for a change in statement delivery method to be processed.
- Does my statement cycle change if I receive my statement electronically?
No. Your statement will be sent to you electronically at the same time it would have been sent via regular mail.
- Can I have my eStatement sent to more than one e-mail address?
Yes, you can have eStatement registered for more than one account.
- Can I change my email address for eStatements?
Bank Account and Credit Card holders can simply fill the form available at branches to change their email address for eStatement or call Phone Banking at 111 002 002.
Shopping Card, American Express and VISA Gold Card holders can change their email address by calling our 24-hour toll free contact number at 0800 99 999.
- Why is it that after registration I am not getting my eStatements on the desired frequency?
Kindly ensure that your email inbox has free space. Check if the eStatement is lying in the junk mail box and the email address that you have specified is correct. After completing the above checks if the problem persists log your complaint at the branch or call Phone Banking at 111 002 002.
Credit Card customers do not receive a paper or eStatements for the month in which the customer has not made any transaction and does not have any amount due.
- Do I need any software to view my eStatements?
No, You don't require any special software to avail the eStatement service. Bank Account and Credit Card eStatements are in PDF format and will open in Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Shopping Card, American Express and VISA Gold Card eStatements are in HTML format.
- Can I have eStatement delivery for more than one account?
Yes, you can get the eStatement service for a maximum of three email addresses.
- How can I make my Credit Card payments to Standard Chartered Bank using eStatements?
You can make your payment Via ATM / CDM, Internet Banking or the branch.
- To make your payment via Standard Chartered Bank ATM / CDM you need to have a standard Chartered Bank Visa Debit Card
- To make a payment through Internet Banking you need to have a login id and password.
- To make a payment via cash simply print the eStatement. Complete the details on the payment coupon in your eStatement and make the payment at any standard chartered branch.
- Simply write a cheque of the amount due and write your Credit Card number at the back of the cheque. To make the payment, deposit the cheque at any Standard Chartered Branch or drop it in the drop box located inside the branch. You may also mail your cheque in a plain envelope to Standard Chartered Bank Credit Cards Karachi – Lahore – Islamabad.
For making payment for your Shopping Card, American Express and VISA Gold Card kindly use your printed statement.
- If I close my account, how will I get my statement?
You will stop receiving your eStatement if you close the account.
Remittances for Medical Treatment Abroad
- What are the details & documents required?
For medical treatment of Pakistani nationals residents in Pakistan for their medical treatment(s) to be conducted abroad up to US $ 50,000/- or an equivalent amount in other currencies.
- Appendix V-68 ( Revised ) filled completely by the patient/next of kin/sponsor, Information provided in the form must be verified.
- Quotation/Invoice/Estimate of the foreign hospital expense on Hospital Letter Head
- A âself-declarationâ from the patient/next of kin/sponsor declaring the total amount of foreign currency required for treatment abroad.
- Valid authorization for operating account on behalf of client
- A âself-declarationâ from the patient, his/her next of kin or from sponsor declaring amount of foreign exchange essentially required for treatment abroad.
- Banks may also release cash foreign exchange equivalent to US$ 5,000/- each to the patient and one attendant which should be duly endorsed on his/her/their passport(s).
- However cases exceeding the aforementioned define limits will be forwarded to State Bank of Pakistan along with justification and documentary evidence for consideration
Remittances for Studies Abroad
- What are the details & documents required?
For students desirous of studying in accredited and recognized foreign instructions / universities abroad for an amount up to US $ 70,000/ or equivalent in other foreign currencies per student per calendar year.
- Appendix V-78 filled completely by the student/parent/guardian
- Letter of Admission from the educational institution abroad
- Letter/Cost Sheet from the educational institute showing the breakdown of expenses for the calendar year
Remittances to the foreign educational institution or the student
- Dues, including Tuition Fee, which are payable to the foreign educational institution should be remitted directly to the account of the educational institution via SWIFT, telegraphic transfer or demand draft and not remitted/released to the student.
- Living or miscellaneous expenses as indicated by the respective foreign institution/ university, if not being remitted to the institution, can, however, be sent to the student himself.
- In order to meet the initial expenses related to boarding/lodging and/or other requirements of the student, bank can release cash foreign exchange equivalent to US$ 5,000/- to the student which should be endorsed on his/her passport.
Release of Foreign Exchange for foreign travel
- In which conditions, I can release of Foreign Exchange for foreign travel?
Customers wishing to travel abroad can the private travel exchange quota (PTEQ) of U.S. $50/- per day per person subject to a maximum of US$2,100 per calendar year to Pakistani nationals resident in Pakistan for travelling to countries other than India, Bangladesh and Afghanistan.
- Children below the age of 2 years are entitled to 10% of the PTEQ while children over 2 years of age but below 12 years of age are entitled to draw 50% of PTEQ.
- For international conferences, symposia, seminars, meetings etc., in their private capacity and journalists travelling abroad to cover journalists events etc., will be allowed foreign exchange at the rate of US$60/- per head per day subject to a maximum of US$1,000/- per head for countries other than India, Bangladesh and Afghanistan.
- In case of persons proceeding for these purposes to India and Bangladesh foreign exchange will be allowed at the rate of US$40 per day subject to a maximum of US$600/-. For all such cases valid invitation letter for an event shall be provided to validate the claim.
- Which documents should I produce in order to release the fund?
Foreign exchange will be released to the travellers as indicated above, on production of the following:
- Original Ticket showing dates of Travel (Ticket Can be One-Way as well)
- Original Valid Passport
- Original National Identity Card duly verifiable
- T-1 form
- Original Valid Visa
- Relevant order / leave Order (as applicable)
- Copy of NOC from Ministry of Religious Affairs & Minorities Affairs (as applicable)
- Invitation letter for attending Conference / Event (as applicable)
Most Popular Forms
- All Application Forms
- Credit Card Application Form
- Easy Saver / Regular Savings Account Application Form
- Saadiq Saver Form