- For children below 15 years of age, account opening by parent/guardian is required.
- For Brunei Dollar Fixed Deposit: Minimum opening deposit of BND1,000 with 1 month tenure.
- For Foreign Currency Fixed Deposits: Minimum opening deposit of 2,000 in respective currencies for AUD/CAD/NZD/GBP/USD/EUR or 5,000 for CNY and HKD.
- Instant access to cash through an overdraft secured against your fixed deposit.
- Apply for a credit card using your fixed deposit as a pledge.
All deposits of Standard Chartered Bank Brunei are guaranteed protection up to a maximum of BND50,000 per depositor under the Deposit Protection Order 2010. Deposits not protected under the Order are: (1) deposits that are not payable in Brunei Darussalam, (2) money market deposits, (3) structured deposits, premium currency investments, unit trusts, bonds and structured notes, (4) negotiable instruments of deposit and other bearer deposits, (5) repurchase agreements, and (6) any other liability or financial instrument as may be specified by the Bank. For further information visit www.mof.gov.bn.