- Minimum BND current account opening deposit of BND2,500*
- Applicable to all ages. (For children below 15 years of age, account opening by parent/guardian is required)
*No opening deposit is required for student account and the minimum balance requirement will also be waived for all :
- Customers with salaries/pension credited to Standard Chartered Bank
- Customers with credit card or personal loan or mortgage loan; or investment with Standard Chartered Bank or Standard Chartered Securities.
- Priority Banking clients
- Available in Brunei Dollars and major currencies* including AUD, CAD, CNY,EUR, GBP, NZD, SGD, USD, HKD and JPY.
- Half-yearly statement** to help keep track of your account activities.
- Interest accrued on daily basis and paid monthly.
- Enjoy a monthly minimum balance fee waiver of BND5 if you maintain an average monthly balance of BND500.
*Different minimum opening deposit, minimum monthly balance and minimum balance fee apply for accounts in foreign currencies.
**Statements for these accounts will be sent electronically. Hard copy statements are available upon request and may be subject to a fee. All deposits of Standard Chartered Bank Brunei are guaranteed protection up to a maximum of BND50,000 per depositor under the Deposit Protection Order 2010. Deposits not protected under the Order are: (1) deposits that are not payable in Brunei Darussalam, (2) money market deposits, (3) structured deposits, premium currency investments, unit trusts, bonds and structured notes, (4) negotiable instruments of deposit and other bearer deposits, (5) repurchase agreements, and (6) any other liability or financial instrument as may be specified by the Bank. For further information visit www.mof.gov.bn.