- Minimum opening deposit of BND1,000*
- Open to applicants aged 15 years and above
*No opening deposit is required if you take up Total Salary Solution or Student $aver.
For Account in Brunei Dollars:
- Convenience of cashless payment with cheque books#.
- Half-yearly statement to help keep track of your account activities
- Interest accrued on daily basis and paid monthly, calculated from BND1,000 onwards
- Enjoy a monthly maintenance fee waiver of BND15 if you maintain an average monthly balance of BND1,000
- Cheque books will only be issued for accountholders aged 18 years and above.
For Account in Foreign Currencies:
- Open to applicants aged 18 years and above
- Available in major currencies^ including AUD, CAD, CNY, EUR, GBP, HKD, NZD, SGD and USD
- Cheque book is only available for Current Account in USD.
- Monthly statement
^Different minimum opening deposit, minimum monthly balance and minimum balance fee apply for accounts in foreign currencies.
All deposits of Standard Chartered Bank Brunei are guaranteed protection up to a maximum of BND50,000 per depositor under the Deposit Protection Order 2010. Deposits not protected under the Order are: (1) deposits that are not payable in Brunei Darussalam, (2) money market deposits, (3) structured deposits, premium currency investments, unit trusts, bonds and structured notes, (4) negotiable instruments of deposit and other bearer deposits, (5) repurchase agreements, and (6) any other liability or financial instrument as may be specified by the Bank. For further information visit www.mof.gov.bn.