Diversity and inclusion
Our employee resource groups
These groups are pivotal to helping us deliver our diversity and inclusion strategy
At Standard Chartered, when we say we promote diversity and an inclusive culture, we mean it. Our employee resource groups – or ERGs – help us do it.
We have groups for:
- Gender equality
- People with disabilities, and carers
- Origins, nationalities and ethnicities
- SC Pride: LGBT+ and allies
Our ERGs help drive us forward
Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) are voluntary, employee – led groups that foster a diverse, inclusive workplace aligned with organisational mission, values, goals, business practices and objectives.
Our ERGs help us to to:
- Improve employee engagement
- Engage the organisation in a constructive dialogue on diversity and inclusion
- Connect individuals in the business
- Educate the workforce on issues affecting diverse groups and create greater cultural awareness
- Support local plans and the implementation of the D&I strategy
Catalysts for change
Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) can be a driving force to organisational change. They have the ability to underpin inclusion and transform culture.
The initiatives ERGs hold are intended to educate, spread awareness and serve as a catalyst for innovative ways of overcoming barriers to equality.
ERGs are typically formed around specific dimensions of diversity such as gender, ethnicity, disability, age, sexual orientation, but they can also be based on other identities such as family and culture.
Our ERGs support a wide range of activities:
- Initiatives, campaigns & programmes that support awareness of D&I
- Develop networking opportunities and skills
- Career development events, including seminars, leadership forums, buddy & mentoring programs
- Speaker series’ with opportunities for discussions
- Cross-ERG events to share best practices and work towards common goals
- Supporting community volunteering
- Supporting recruitment efforts
- Generating new ideas for products and services
- Developing and attracting new customers and clients