Global Link guidelines
In these guidelines, the 'host country' is the country in which you hold an account, and 'home country' is the country in which you would like to log on to view all your linked accounts.
Use of Global Link
- You agree that we may access and link the accounts that you or your authorised persons designate, and retrieve your account information.
- You confirm that you are the legal owner of any accounts you request us to link and that you have the authority to link them.
- You agree to comply with any instructions we notify you of in connection with the use or security of Global Link.
- Note that we will never contact you to ask for your online banking usernames or passwords.
- If you experience problems with Global Link, please contact Standard Chartered telephone banking in your home country. You may be asked to contact the host country if the problem is with the online banking username and password of an account in the host country you are attempting to link.
Global Link security
- When you have successfully linked an account, you will receive a notification in your online banking inbox in the host country where the account is held. For example, when you use Global Link in Malaysia (home country) to link your account in Hong Kong, we will send you a notification to your Hong Kong inbox. If you receive such a notification and did not link that account, please immediately change your username and password and contact us.
- You agree to provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as requested when linking your accounts.
- You agree that you will not use another person’s password at any time.
Cancellation, discontinuance and changes
- You may de-link an account at any time using the ‘delete account’ function.
- By changing your username and password for an account you have linked in a host country, you will automatically de-link it. You will need to key in your new username and password to link that account again.
- We reserve the right to discontinue (temporarily or permanently) Global Link at any time with or without notice.
- We may change the features of Global Link at any time for technical reasons, or to improve it. We may also introduce a fee, for which we will give you notice. If you do not agree to any changes we make, including any fee we may introduce, you may stop using the service before the changes are made.
- You agree that we will not be liable to you or to any third party for any changes to or for any discontinuance of Global Link.
Global Link 'Make a transfer'
‘Make a Transfer’ allows you to initiate a transfer from your accounts in your home country to your accounts in a host country. This service is available in Singapore, Malaysia, United Arab Emirates, Indonesia, Brunei, Kenya, Ghana and Zambia.
- All transactions for ‘Make a Transfer’ are processed via telegraphic transfer routes. You agree that any and all charges will be deducted from the account selected for debiting the principal amount.
- To enquire about the status of your transfer, please call Standard Chartered in your home country.
Standard suite, available for customers in:
- Hong Kong
- Sri Lanka
Full suite, available for customers in: