|1. Higher Speed, Higher Connectivity – Higher Productivity
· Current 4G technology facilitated connectivity between human to machine enabling e-commerce and high-speed content delivery online. 5G enables machine to machine connectivity, producing potential winners in industries that are the fastest to adapt.
· 5G could connect up to 100x more devices at speed of up to 100x faster than 4G, enabling Internet-of-Everything – connected autonomous vehicles, remote surgery, connected robots & smart factories, the potential use cases are endless.
2. Asia is leading the adoption of 5G
· In China, live streaming e-commerce is becoming a key sales channel with ~USD 170b revenue; where small business owners to celebrity opinion leaders broadcast live to millions of potential buyers enabled by high speed connectivity.
· In Taiwan, the world’s first smart factory is being built based on 5G milimeter mave (mmWave) technology which allows for the true benefits of 5G to be experienced. These rapid adoption of ultra-high-speed connectivity for commercial uses highlights the investment opportunities in companies behind 5G technology.
3. COVID-19 accelerated 5G adoption
· 5G-powered robotic arm contributes to epidemic control in China via COVID-19 test. Click here to watch the video.
4. The beginning of a multi-year investment opportunities
· The rollout of 5G in the coming years will further expand, transforming how we live and how businesses are run. Factories can enable connected automated robots to reduce labour cost and downtime while healthcare sector usage will even expand to remote surgery and patient monitoring.
· The investment opportunities for 5G technology is not limited to smartphones, Telcos and base stations; the investment manager focuses on identifying winners within network infrastructure, IoT devices and applications & services.
5. What 5G means for our health
· Extensive research has shown that 5G does not pose health risk and thus will not hinder the rollout of 5G.
· 5G’s wavelength generates low radiation, unlike ultraviolet radiation from the sun, making prolonged sunlight a higher risk to our health than 5G.
6. The Principal Next-G Connectivity Fund focuses on companies with majority of earnings growth driven by 5G enablement or adoption.
Click here to find out more about the fund