Frequently Asked Questions - Financial Information
- When was Standard Chartered Bank incorporated?show/hide
We were incorporated in 1853. There's more information on this in the History section of our website.
- How many people does Standard Chartered PLC employ worldwide?show/hide
We employ more than 90,000 people in 71 countries in the Asia Pacific Region, South Asia, the Middle East, Africa, the United Kingdom and the Americas. We are one of the world's most international banks, with 133 nationalities represented amongst our staff.
- What is Standard Chartered's credit rating?show/hide
- Who are Standard Chartered PLC's independent accountants?show/hide
KMPG Audit PLC
- What is Standard Chartered's Core Tier 1 capital ratio?show/hide
- When is the close period for Standard Chartered PLC?show/hide
We have two close periods each year. One is from 1 January until the preliminary announcement of annual results (usually in February or March). The other is from 1 July until the preliminary announcement of interim results (usually in August). During a close period, we do not communicate with investors or analysts.
- How has Standard Chartered performed over the last 5 years?show/hide