- What is Online Banking?
Online Banking is a simple, hassle-free and secure internet banking service available to Standard Chartered customers* in Bangladesh.
- How can I instantly register to online banking?
- What is Instant Registration?
This is a new Online Banking feature, which will allow you to register or re-register for Online Banking Services using your Credit Card or Debit Card credentials.
- How can I get access to Instant Registration?
You can get access to Instant Registration by clicking the “Instant Registration” link on the Standard Chartered Online Banking login page at www.sc.com/bd
- What information do I need to complete for the Instant Registration?
An updated mobile number with the bank
A valid Debit Card number and PIN
A valid Credit Card number and PIN
- How can I complete the Instant Registration process?
If you wish to register for Online Banking service via instant registration, simply follow the steps mentioned below:-
Go to Login Page of Standard Chartered Online Banking at www.sc.com/bd
Click on “Instant Registration”
Accept the Terms and Conditions
Select the credential e.g. Debit Card/Credit Card and enter the correct Debit Card/Credit Card PIN
Click Next to verify your mobile number registered with bank and confirm
Enter the eTAC which was sent to your mobile number
Create your Username and Password
Login using your Username and Password
Once you have created the Username and Password, you have successfully registered to our Online Banking facility.
- What if I do not have a Debit Card or Credit Card and PIN but wish to apply for Online Banking?
To apply for Online Banking Services, please call our Contact Centre at 16233 (From Mobile Phone) or +88 09 666777111 (from landline) or visit your nearest Standard Chartered branch.
- What if my mobile number is not updated in the bank’s system?
If the mobile number is not correct or not updated in the Bank’s system, you will not be able to proceed with Instant Registration. First, You will need to update the mobile number with the Bank. Call our Contact Centre at 16233 (From Mobile Phone) or +88 09 666777111 (from landline) to know more about how to change your mobile number.
- How many times can I try my Debit/Credit Card number and PIN before I am locked out?
You can try up to a maximum of three times to validate your Debit or Credit Card number against your PIN. If you use wrong credentials for more than three times, you will not be able to register instantly using your credentials.
- What can I do if I am locked out of the Instant Registration process?
Call our Contact Centre at 16233 (From Mobile Phone) or +88 09 666777111 (from landline) to unblock your card credentials and try again for instant registration
- Why should I choose Online Banking?
It's so easy to apply. And, it's FREE!
It's your own bank. You have instant access to up-to-date information on your accounts.
It's safe & easy. Using your internet banking ID and internet banking Password, you can now bank with confidence knowing that your transactions remain safe with us. With our simple and intuitive navigational toolbars and buttons, you don't need other instructions or assistance.
It's fast. It takes only a few minutes to get updated account information and complete a banking transaction - giving you more time to do other things.
It's convenient. You can perform on-line banking right from the comfort of your home or office.
It's 24 hours. With this service, you can access your Standard Chartered accounts 24 hours of the day, 365 days of the year.
It's worldwide access. As long as you can access the Internet, you can access your Standard Chartered accounts, anywhere in the world.
No special software required. You don't need to purchase any special software. As long as you have a personal computer (PC) with the minimum configuration, you are ready to start.
Wide range of service. Our wide range of on-line banking services will help you to better manage your finance. Moreover, we will progressively add more new services for your convenience.
- Do I have to pay for using this service / Is there an extra charge for this service?
There is no extra charge for using this service
Is this service available 24-hours?
Yes. This service is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Can I access the service from overseas?
Yes, the Standard Chartered products and services are available from overseas except from Cuba, North Korea, Iran, Sudan, and Syria. You will also require access to the Internet with the recommended Internet browser.
- How secure is this service / How safe is my personal information going through the service / What security measures are being used by this service?
This service employs the 128-bit Secure Socket Layer (SSL), which is one of the strongest encryption technology most commonly used by large-scale online merchants, banks, and brokerages worldwide. All online sessions between you and the bank are protected by up to 128-bit encryption, which best protects your information against disclosure to third parties.
- What is encryption and how is it used to protect my information?
Encryption is a method of scrambling your information to protect its transmission across the Internet. Encryption transforms data into an unreadable form, and decryption reverses that process. Both encryption and decryption require the use of a special code, usually referred to as a key. The encryption of data provides a strong degree of protection against tampering while data is moving through the Internet.
- How do I activate Secure Socket Layer (SSL) Version 3.0?
If you are using Internet Explorer,
- Click on [Tools]
- Select [Internet Options]
- Select [Advanced] Tab
- Scroll down to [Security]
- Check [Use SSL 3.0]
- Click on [OK]
- What are cookies and how are they used for this service?
- What precautions should I take for this online service?
Besides maintaining the confidentiality of your internet banking ID and internet banking password, you should take the following precautions:
DO NOT reveal your ID and password to anyone, write down or use it where someone else cannot see.
Change your password IMMEDIATELY, using the 'Change of Password' service, if you suspect it has been revealed.
DO NOT use easily recognised numbers such as your telephone number etc. as your password.
REMEMBER TO LOG OUT of the system and close your browser whenever you leave your computer, even for a short while.
Clear your browser's cache on a regular basis so that your account information is removed. This is particularly important if you are using a shared PC. You should clear it after each session.
Always use the latest recommended internet browser so that you are using the most updated security features available.
Call our phone banking immediately if you notice any unusual transactions on your account.
- What should I do if I suspect there are unauthorized transactions on my account?
If you suspect there are unauthorized transactions on your account, please report to our phone banking. Please provide details such as your name, account number, transaction type, date & time of transaction, description of error and amount involved.
If you suspect they are due to lost/stolen password, please call our phone banking to terminate the password immediately.
You may want to take note of your last log-in date and time, as indicated at the Personal Homepage, each time you log-in to the service.
- What precautions should I take when using shared/public PCs for this service?
We strongly recommend you not to conduct your Internet banking transactions on such PCs unless you are sure that it is safe to do so.
Please clear browser cache after each session so that your account information is removed from such PCs.
- How do I safeguard and protect my password?
Do not choose a password that is easily identifiable such as your personal telephone number, birthday or other personal information etc.
Avoid using sequential numbers (such as 123456) or same number more than twice (such as 123226) for your password.
Your password must be kept confidential at all times and not be divulged to anyone. Do not reveal your password to anyone.
Your password must be memorised and not be recorded anywhere. Do not write down your password or use it where someone can see.
Change your password immediately if you suspect it has been revealed.
Change your password regularly. You can change your password anytime under 'Personal Update - Change of Password'.
- Who can apply for this service?
To use this service, you must have at least a transactional or Credit Card account with the Standard Chartered Bangladesh. Partnership and Public Limited Companies are not eligible Click ' New user register ' to apply for the Online Banking service.
- How do I apply for this service?
On our homepage www.sc.com/bd click on "Apply for Internet Banking" and fill out the form. On the Online Banking login screen click on "New User Registration" and complete the form. You can also apply via branch or phone banking
- What is my ID and password for login?
They are unique secret words/characters to each user to ensure confidentiality. You need both of them to log-in. Login ID will be emailed and password mailed at your mailing address.
- Can I use my ATM PIN to login Or use my Phone Banking PIN?
No, your internet banking ID and password are unique to this service.
- What happens when my ID is invalid / What should I do if I have forgotten my ID/password?
Please call phone banking.
- Can I change my password?
Yes, you may change your password, using the 'Change of Password' service, anytime to ensure security.
- Can I change my Login ID?
You can only change your Login ID when you login to Internet Banking for the very first time.
- What should I do if I suspect that my password has been stolen or exposed to others?
If you suspect that your password has been stolen or exposed to others, please change your password immediately. Choose 'Personal Update' and change your password online.
- Can I see a summary of my accounts?
Yes. You can see a summary of your account profile at the Personal Homepage once you have logged-in to Online Banking.
- Can I view the transactions belonging to all my accounts?
Yes, you can view the transactions belonging to all your accounts under the Account Services Account information section.
- How far back can I view my transaction history?
You can view your transactional history up to one year for your accounts and the last two statements for your credit card account. Your A/C statements are segmented as per the period selected. Card statements are monthly.
- Can I download and save my account information and latest transactions?
Yes. You can select your latest transaction or historical transactions for a period up to one year from the current date and click on the download button to save the information for your tracking.
- What is the use of the Mail Box in the Personal Homepage?
The Mail Box is a feature in our Online Banking that allows you to view any messages that the Bank has sent to you.
- Can I use the Mail Box to send email to my friend?
No. The Mail Box is only for communication between you and Standard Chartered. For security reasons, we do not accept any instruction relating to financial transactions through the Mail Box.
- Can I delete messages from the Mail Box?
Yes. You can delete the messages from the Mail Box.
- How long do messages remain in the Mail Box?
All messages will be deleted automatically on weekly intervals.
- Can I get confirmation of my transaction?
Yes, you can get transaction alerts by email.
- What kind of funds transfer can I do in this service?
You can transfer funds between your own Standard Chartered account, to another pre-registered Standard Chartered Bangladesh account.
- Do I need to pre-register my accounts before I can use the funds transfer facility?
Yes, you will need to pre-register the accounts before you can make a funds transfer
- How do I pre-register my 3rd party Standard Chartered accounts?
This can be done by visiting any branch or by calling Phone banking at 16233 (From Mobile Phone) or +88 09 666777111 (from landline).
- When will the funds be available in the receiving account after I do an Immediate Fund Transfer to accounts within Standard Chartered Bangladesh?
Fund transfers to other Standard Chartered accounts within Bangladesh will take effect right after the transaction.
- Is there a maximum limit on the amount of funds I can transfer?
You can transfer up to BDH 500,000.
- Can I delete my Set-up Standing Order Instructions?
Yes. You can delete any of your Set-up Standing Order instructions one business day before the effective due date. Please contact the Bank to effect this request off-line.
- What are the card services available online?
Cards Balance enquiry
- How do I view my credit card statement?
You can view your current Standard Chartered Credit Card statement online and two previous card statements anytime, anywhere. All you need to do is to click on Card Information under Card Services and select the statement that you wish to see.
Your statements are segmented as:
Current transactions: Here you will view all your transactions recorded after your last month's statement from the Bank.
Last statement: This will be your last month's statement.
Prior statement: This will be your statement 'prior' to the last month's statement.
- How do I pay my credit card bill online?
You can make payment to your Standard Chartered Credit Card bills via immediate or Set-up Standing order payment mode. Simply click on Card Payment under Card Services and select the card you wish to pay, your debiting account and payment amount.
- When will my credit account be updated?
Your credit card account will be updated in the next two working days.
- Can I use the same ID and PIN to view my credit card and account information?
Yes simply call our 24 Hours Phone banking or contact branch to link your account and credit cards to existing ID and PIN.
- What can I do if my Internet Explorer frequently hangs?
You can try upgrading your PC's Java Virtual Machine.
- What should I do if I am not able to perform any financial transaction?
Ensure that you are using one of the recommended browsers.
"This program has performed an illegal operation..."
This is commonly known as GPF (General Protection Fault). This is an error that happens at your PC. You have to restart your browser usually. Sometimes you may need to restart your PC. If the problem persists, please consult your PC vendor.
- What should I do if I do not get a response after clicking on a hyperlink or icon?
Sometimes, the Internet becomes unavoidably slow to respond. If there is a delay in response from when you have clicked something, please wait. Avoid clicking repeatedly on a particular link. DO NOT CLICK "REFRESH" OR "RELOAD" BUTTON AS THIS WILL TERMINATE YOUR ONLINE SESSION AND YOU WILL HAVE TO WAIT FOR 15 MINUTES BEFORE YOU CAN LOG IN AGAIN.
- Who can I call if I have any problem or enquiry in using this service?
Please call our phone banking 16233 (From Mobile Phone) or +88 09 666777111 (from landline). Kindly get note of the error code or message if any, to the customer service officer for investigation.
If you are using Internet Explorer ,
- Click on [Tools]
- Select [Internet Options]
- Select [Advanced] Tab
- Scroll down to [Microsoft VM]
- Check [JIT compiler for virtual machine enabled]
- Click on [OK] & restart the browser
Please refer to [HELP] contents if you're using browser of other versions.
- How to clear cache?
If you are using Internet Explorer 5,
- Click on [Tools]
- Select [Internet Options]
- Select [General] Tab
- Click on [Delete Files] under [Temporary Internet Files] section
- Check [Delete all off-line content]
- Click on [OK] & restart the browser
Please refer to [HELP] contents if you're using browser of other versions.
- What is 3D Secure?
3D Secure is a FREE service facilitated by VISA and MasterCard that lets you transact online securely using your debit or credit card. This service is available only on 3D Secure merchant sites. Verified by Visa (VBV) / MasterCard SecureCode (MSC) use password protection during an internet purchase to authenticate the customer as an added fraud prevention measure.
- What are the benefits of 3D Secure?
VBV/MSC provides added assurance by verifying you while using your Standard Chartered Visa/MasterCard card to make payments online or e-Commerce sites. You can be assured that any online merchant giving VBV/MSC service is a legitimate commercial entity. A private code means added protection against unauthorised use of your card when you make payments online.
VBV/MSC protects your existing Visa/MasterCard giving you assurance that you and only you can use your Visa/Master card for electronic payments. The added protection of VBV/MSC is automatically enabled on your card.
- What is One-time Password (OTP)?
A One-time Password is a password that is valid for only one login session or transaction, on a computer system or other digital devices. OTP is automatically generated via email, SMS into your mobile for authentication.
- How do I register for 3D Secure?
No registration is required. This feature will be automatically enabled on your card. Please ensure that you have updated your latest email address, mobile phone number with us, as the OTP will be sent to the email address, mobile number in our records.
- How can I update my mobile number?
To update your information, please call our 24-hour Client Care Centre at 16233 (from mobile) or 02 8332272, 09666777111 (from your landphone) or visit us at your nearest branch.
- I have existing 3D secure for credit card where I currently input my own password, will this affect me?
Yes, with the launch, all static 3D secure will be converted to one time password, where one time password will be sent to your email address, mobile number instead and you will no longer input your own set password.
- Will I be charged for 3D Secure?
No. This service is free.
- Do I have to register for all my cards separately?
Not required, the feature is automatically enabled on all your cards.
- Is my personal information safe and secure?
Yes. Your card details are encrypted and stored on a secure server.
- I have just received a renewal card, do I have to re-register?
- What happens if I enter the 3D Secure One Time Password incorrectly?
The transaction will fail after 3 attempts of incorrect password, there after you need to re-initiate the transaction.
- What is the Password or SecureCode?
A one time password is automatically generated to your email address, mobile number.
- How long is the password valid for, once I receive it?
The password will expire in 5 minutes upon proceeding to the 3D Secure One Time Password page.
- I was not asked for a password when I made an online card transaction. Why is this so?
If the merchant is not 3D Secure compliant, you will not be asked for your password. Only 3D Secure merchant sites will ask for a password for authentication purpose.
- How would I know if a merchant is 3D Secure compliant?
If a merchant is 3D Secure compliant, you will be able to see the Verified by Visa or MasterCard SecureCode logo on the site.
- If I do not have my email address, mobile phone registered with the Bank, can I still make an online purchase?
You will be able to purchase online from merchant websites that do not support 3DS. For 3DS enabled websites, you will not be able to complete a transaction without an OTP.
If there is a change in your email address, mobile number or you have not registered your email address, mobile phone with Standard Chartered, please update your contact details by calling our 24-hour Client Care Centre at 16233 (from mobile) or 02 8332272, 09666777111 (from your landphone) or by visiting your nearest branch.
- Can I opt out of the OTP service for online purchases?
An OTP is required for all online purchases made through all 3DS enabled merchants. You may still make online purchases from online merchants that do not support 3DS.
- What happens if I get blocked from the OTP site?
Please call our 24-hour Client Care Centre at 16233 (from mobile) or 02 8332272, 09666777111 (from your landphone) to request for a reset of the blocked status. Please note that any uplifting of blocked status is subject to the Bank’s verification of your identity.
- How does 3D Secure protect me?
3DS provides an added layer of security by prompting you for an OTP when you make an online purchase. This helps to protect against online fraud by verifying that the customer making the online purchase is the rightful owner of the credit / debit card.
- Does the service file cookies in my computer?
No, the service only uses session cookies, which are filed on your computer temporarily and are automatically deleted when you log out or interrupt the connection.
- What must I do if no verified by Visa / MasterCard secure code window appears in the event of an online payment?
You can do the following:
- Check whether the online merchant is a participant of Verified by Visa / MasterCard SecureCode
- Check whether your system blocks pop-ups. If necessary, switch off the software that blocks pop-ups.
- Who do I need to contact if I presume my transactions went through several times?
Please call our 24-hour Client Care Centre at 16233 (from mobile) or 02 8332272, 09666777111 (from your landphone)
- Can I use Verified by Visa / MasterCard SecureCode on any computer?
Yes, you can. You do not need to install any special software. You can always pay online and always rely on extra protection.
- Do all online transactions require me to key in an OTP?
No, the OTP is only required for online merchants that support the 3DS authentication protocol.
- To whom will the OTP be sent if my supplementary cardholder is performing an online transaction and supplementary card holder’s email address, mobile number is not registered with the Bank?
The OTP will be sent to the registered email address, mobile number of the Primary cardholder
- What is the One Time Password (OTP) that is required for online transaction on my Standard Chartered card?
Earlier, you were required to register your Standard Chartered Visa/MasterCard Credit/Debit Card for Verified by Visa/MasterCard SecureCode and set a static password that you would then enter for every online transaction on the 3D secure page for authentication. You will now be sent a new 8 digit numeric one time password (OTP) to your registered email address, mobile number every time that you initiate an online transaction. You will need to enter this OTP on the 3D Secure page to authenticate your transaction.
- Can I use one OTP for more than one transaction?
No. Every 8 digit OTP is valid only for that particular transaction and cannot be used for any other transaction.
- What happens if I do not receive the OTP?
One time password (OTP) will be instantly sent to the email address, mobile phone number in our records, after you have started the transaction and entered your card details.
If you do not receive the OTP, please check if your email address, mobile number registered with Standard Chartered is correct or not.
If the registered details are correct, you can request for the OTP to be re-sent to you by clicking on the resend link appearing in the below message displayed on the screen. – “you have not received the OTP yet, please click here to request again for your one time password”
The resent OTP link will be activated 30 seconds after the first OTP is sent.
- How many times can I request for an OTP to be resent to me?
You can request for an OTP to be re-sent to you three times only per transaction. You may need to reinitiate the transaction should you not receive your password after resending for three times.
- Can I receive an OTP when I am overseas?
We will send the OTP according to your email address and your mobile phone number in our record. If you are overseas or using overseas mobile service providers, you may receive the OTP via your email.