- Is there a charge for eStatement subscription?
No. This service is free of charge.
- I recently completed a transaction, however I have not received an alert?
Alerts are sent for all transactions above and beyond the limit specified in Question 7.
If your transaction is above the threshold limit and you do not receive an alert, please call our phone banking hotline.
- What are the key features and advantages of the Howzzaat!!! Account?
The Howzzaat!!! Account offers a unique programme that enables customers to earn exciting ‘runs’ every time they transact on their account. Furthermore, customers stand to win extra runs for purchases made on their Debit Card the day after India wins an International Cricket Match. These runs can be redeemed against attractive discounts on cricket gear and sporting equipment, on participation in Cricket Mela, and can even give customers a chance to meet their favourite cricket stars.
Other attractive features include:
- First-year-free MasterCard Titanium Debit Card made of eco-friendly plastic
- Free unlimited cash withdrawal (in terms of number of transactions) and balance enquiries at any ATM in India for Howzzaat!!! 10 and Howzzaat!!! 25 accounts. (subject to maintaining a Rs. 25,000 average quarterly balance.)
- Free multi-city cheque book when you maintain an average quarterly balance (Howzzaat!!! Employee Banking Account holders should refer to our corporate offer for full details.)
- Anywhere branch banking with access to 94 branches spread across 37 cities
- Online banking, mobile banking, and 24 x 7 phone banking facilities available
- Why should I use a Standard Chartered Bank SmartTravel Card?
Standard Chartered Bank’s SmartTravel Card ensures you have a hassle-free holiday or business trip abroad, because it negates the need to spend time cashing travellers’ cheques or changing money through authorised dealers.
The Standard Chartered Bank SmartTravel Card gives you instant access to your funds, 24-hours a day. We also save you money by ensuring you receive the most competitive foreign exchange rates available. And since it is a Prepaid Card, the SmartTravel Card also helps you budget and plan your expenses.
The card also ensures that you spend your time productively, safe in the knowledge that you have access to a wide network of people - most notably the Standard Chartered phone banking desk and the MasterCard helpline - who are on standby just in case you need any help
- How long does it take to apply for a credit card?
Once we have received all of the required document(s), it takes approximately 9 days to approve your credit card.
- What are my obligations when I hold a credit card?
The minimum payment due every month must be higher than the following (a) 5% of the outstanding balance or (b) the sum total of all instalments billed, interest, fees, other charges, amount you are over limit and 1% of the principal or Rs. 250.
- Are there additional charges if I use my card overseas?
All overseas transactions are levied with a 3.5% transaction fee. This includes VISA/MasterCard charges for the conversion of overseas transactions into India Rs. Please note, transactions at merchant establishments registered overseas attract a 0.80% VISA/MasterCard charge, even if the merchant is located in India. This is included as a part of the transaction amount in your statement.
- What documents do I need to submit when I apply for a loan?
The primary documents we require when you are applying for a loan are as follows:
- Application form with self-attested photograph
- Proof of identity, age and residence
- Bank statement
- Income documents
- Cheque for the processing fee
Additional documents may be needed. In these instances, we will provide you with details at the time of application.
- How is the interest on my loan calculated?
The interest is calculated on a daily reducing balance and is charged with monthly rests.
- What are the loan tenure options?
The loan can be repaid over a period of 12 to 60 months, however they are available only for a select customer profile