Fair Dealing Guidelines
In April 2009, the Monetary Authority of Singapore issued Fair Dealing Guidelines aimed at promoting fair dealing by financial institutions when conducting business with customers.
The Guidelines are aimed at achieving the following five outcomes:
- Fair dealing is central to the Bank's corporate culture
- Products and services are suitable for target customer segments
- Competent representatives who are able to provide customers with quality advice and appropriate recommendations
- Customers receive clear, relevant and timely information to make informed financial decisions
- Customer complaints are managed in an independent, effective and prompt manner
At Standard Chartered, looking after our customers is key in all our business relationships and the highest standards of integrity and care is practised at all levels and at all times. We are committed to ensuring that we monitor and maintain the highest operating standards to safeguard the interests of our customers. We believe that it is important that our customers trust the products and services that we provide and we do this by offering the right products, selling and marketing them responsibly and managing customer feedback promptly and fairly.
We ensure that our staff are trained, certified and possess the relevant knowledge and skills in their conduct of proper fact-find and needs analyses. We also ensure that we provide quality advice to customers aligned to their risk profile and to provide customers with timely information to help them make informed financial decisions.
We have also ensured that customers have easy access to provide feedback so that we can continually improve our products and services. This can be done through the following channels:
- For Personal Banking, please call our 24-hour hotline at 1800 747 7000. You may also send in your suggestions via our online feedback form, visit any one of our Branches or contact our Relationship Managers
- For SME Banking, please call 1800 743 3000 (Monday to Friday - 9:00am to 6:00pm)
- For Corporate & Institutional Banking customers, please call the client service line at (65) 6876 0888 or email firstname.lastname@example.org