Applying for a supplementary credit card is a simple and straightforward process.
- Visit your nearest Standard Chartered Bank branch and request for a supplementary credit card against your existing active Standard Chartered Credit Card.
- You will be provided a form where you will be required to fill in basic details like your name, address and telephone number.
- You are also required to state your relationship with the supplementary cardholder applicant.
- Shortly after you have submitted your application form, you will receive communication related to approval / decline of your supplementary card request.
Who can be added as an add-on on your credit card?
Your add-on cards may include immediate family members that include the following:
- Children (above 18 years)
- Siblings (above 18 years)
Can my Supplementary card member earn points?
Yes, every expense made by the supplementary card member earns reward points according to the eligibility of the primary card. The consolidated rewards may be redeemed at any of the assigned points.
How can I check the balance of a Supplementary Card?
You may log in to the primary card account online, to view the balance of all connected cards. You may also check the balance in the monthly statement mailed to your inbox.
Are there any fees and charges associated with Supplementary Credit Card?
The supplementary credit cards come at no joining or annual fee (except DigiSmart and Standard Chartered EaseMyTrip Credit Card).
Who is responsible for the dues on a Supplementary Credit Card?
The primary card member is wholly liable for any charges and outstanding on the add-on cards.
How do rewards work on a Supplementary Credit Card?
All expenses and purchases made on the add-on cards are eligible for reward points, as per the terms of the primary card offer.