Safe and secure, Standard Chartered's Internet Banking service is fully compliant with the Chinese regulatory requirements for Online Banking. We employ the 128-bit Secure Socket Layer (SSL), which is one of the strongest encryption technology most commonly used by large-scale online merchants, banks, and brokerages worldwide. All online sessions between you and the bank are protected by up to 128-bit encryption, which safeguards your information against disclosure to third parties.
High-risk transactions are also subject to a "Two-Factor authentication (2FA)" security check in order to verify the identity of the customer. When you undertake this type of transaction, we will send a One-Time-Pin (OTP) via SMS to your cell phone, and the transaction can only be completed once the OTP is entered during your online banking session.
Please ensure that the mobile phone number is registered under your name; otherwise, the Bank may in accordance with relevant regulatory requirement suspend your e-banking service.
We strongly recommend you do not perform Internet banking transactions on a shared PC unless you are sure it is safe to do so. If you really must, please clear the browser cache after each session so that your account information is removed. You should also consider changing your password when you think it is safe.
Besides maintaining the confidentiality of your Internet banking password, you should also take the following precautions:
- Do not click on a URL to login into the site. Always type in www.standardchartered.com.cn/en.
- Remember to log out of the system and close your browser whenever you leave your computer, even for a short while.
- Clear your browser's cache on a regular basis so that your account information is removed. This is particularly important if you are using a shared PC, in which case you should clear it after each session.
- If you receive any suspicious communications please alert us at immediately at 800 820 8088.
- Check your last log-in date and time whenever you log into iBanking.
- Always use the latest recommended Internet browser that is equipped with the up to date security features.
- Update your PC with latest anti-virus software, personal firewall and security updates for browsers.
To Protect Your Internet Banking Password, We Recommend That:
- Do not choose a password that is easily identifiable, such as your personal telephone number, birthday or other personal information.
- Avoid using sequential numbers (such as 123456) or the same number more than twice (such as 123226).
- Use alphanumeric passwords that contain both characters and numbers, such as rks976ijk or 15ritca.
- Always enter your password using the onscreen keyboard.
- Your password must be kept confidential at all times and not be divulged to anyone. We will never ask you for your password.
- Your password must be memorised and not recorded anywhere. Do not write down your password or use it where someone can see.
- Change your password immediately if you suspect it has been revealed.
- Change your password regularly. You can change your password anytime under 'Personal Update - Change of Password'.