For the purpose of calculating Miles earned, Eligible Transactions conducted by principal and all supplementary Cards (if any) under the same Card account will be combined and any remaining odd dollars that cannot be converted into 1 Mile in a statement month will be carried forward to the next statement month. Eligible Transactions conducted in a foreign currency will be converted into Hong Kong Dollars at a rate the Bank reasonably considers appropriate.
3. Eligible Transactions means retail transactions (including interest-free monthly instalment) and Octopus Automatic Add-Value transactions made with a Card but does not include the following:
a. Insurance payment, bill payment transactions made through Standard Chartered Online Banking, Standard Chartered Phone Banking or JET Payment Service, phone order, mail order, transactions made at merchants in the gambling and betting, security brokers or dealers, non-financial institutions (including but not limited to the purchase of foreign currency, money orders and travelers cheques), financial institutions (including but not limited to the purchase of merchandise and services from banks, savings and loans, thrifts and credit unions and face-to-face cash disbursement), wire transfer money orders and wholesale purchase of precious stones and metals, watches and jewelry category (as defined by Mastercard Asia/Pacific (Hong Kong) Limited from time to time), cash advances, balance transfers, “Instalment Credit” amounts, “Credit-to-Cash” amounts, tax payment, financial charges and fees;
b. Any unposted/cancelled/refunded/falsified/unauthorised transactions.
For retail transactions under an interest-free monthly instalment plan, Miles are earned when an instalment amount is posted to the Card account.
4 a. Eligible Transactions within Dining category:
Transactions made at dining outlets which are categorized as restaurants, dining merchants/ organizations in accordance with the merchant codes assigned by Mastercard Asia/Pacific (Hong Kong) Limited from time to time and are posted to the Card account in Hong Kong Dollars. Transactions made in private parties/functions, private room events, private kitchen, food and beverage outlets in food courts / supermarkets /department stores, associations/club houses do not fall into the Dining category.
b. Eligible transactions within Online category:
Transactions made online in accordance with the definition assigned by Mastercard Asia/Pacific (Hong Kong) Limited from time to time.
c. Eligible transactions within Overseas category:
Transactions posted to the Card account in a currency other than Hong Kong Dollars.
Please call our 24-hour Standard Chartered Asia Miles Mastercard Customer Service Hotline at 2886 4111 for any enquiry about the category of a particular merchant. The Bank reserves the right to determine the category of a particular merchant. If a transaction falls into more than one of the categories described in this clause, such transaction is only entitled to earning Miles under one category at the Bank’s discretion.
5. Principal Cardholders are required to provide accurate Asia Miles membership information including membership surname, given name, membership number and any other information as may be required in the Card application form and thereafter from time to time or as required and to maintain a valid Asia Miles membership account at all relevant times in order to participate in this Rewards Scheme, and for the Miles earned to be credited to principal Cardholders’ Asia Miles membership accounts. Asia Miles membership account must be owned by the principal Cardholders. Subsequent change of Asia Miles membership account associated with their Card is not allowed save in exceptional circumstances as determined by the Bank in its sole discretion.
6. Miles earned in respect of Eligible Transactions posted in a statement month will be displayed in the statement issued for the same statement month. The Bank will provide the principal Cardholders’ Asia Miles membership surname, given name, membership number and the number of Miles earned to Asia Miles Limited within 7 working days from the statement date. Upon receiving such information from the Bank, Asia Miles Limited will credit the Miles earned to the respective principal Cardholders’ Asia Miles membership accounts within 7 working days. Principal Cardholders should notify the Bank within 1 month from the statement date by calling our 24-hour Standard Chartered Asia Miles Mastercard Customer Service Hotline at 2886 4111 if Miles earned for a statement month is not credited to their Asia Miles membership accounts within 14 working days from the statement date; otherwise, the Bank accepts no liability and will not arrange for any compensation.
7. Miles earned cannot be converted into bonus points or cash rebate and are non-transferrable.
8. Cardholders acknowledge that the Miles earned from Eligible Transactions shall be credited to their Asia Miles membership accounts by Asia Miles Limited. The Bank will use its best endeavour to provide the necessary information to Asia Miles Limited to facilitate this purpose, however the Bank makes no warranty that the Miles earned will be accurately credited to the Asia Miles membership account by Asia Miles Limited and accepts no liability for failure or delay in the crediting of Miles to the principal Cardholder’s Asia Miles membership account for any reason beyond the Bank’s control. Terms and Conditions of Asia Miles apply for redemption and/or use of Miles. For details, please visit asiamiles.com. The Bank is not obliged to notify Cardholders of any changes or latest announcements of Asia Miles Limited. Cardholders understand and accept that the Bank is not the supplier of the reward (including Miles). The Bank shall bear no liability relating to any aspect of the reward, including without limitation, their quality, the supply, the descriptions of the reward provided by the supplier, any false trade description, misrepresentation, mis-statement, omission, unauthorized representation, unfair trade practices or conduct in connection with the reward provided by the supplier, its employees, officers or agents.
9. Upon receipt of notification from Asia Miles Limited that crediting of Miles to Asia Miles membership account(s) is rejected, the Bank will, as soon as practicable, notify the principal Cardholders accordingly. Principal Cardholders are required to verify and provide valid Asia Miles membership information or any other information as may be required to facilitate Miles crediting and notify the Bank accordingly. Miles crediting that was rejected in previous statement month(s) will be accumulated and credited in the next statement month after valid Asia Miles membership information or other required information are provided. If the Asia Miles membership account remains invalid or the required information is not provided for Miles crediting at the time the relevant Card account is closed, the earned Miles will be forfeited and the Bank accepts no liability for such forfeiture.
10. In the event that any Miles have been credited to an Asia Miles membership account and the transaction(s) with respect of which Miles have been earned is/are subsequently cancelled or refunded, without prior notice to the principal Cardholders, the Bank has the right to debit the same number of Miles credited from the Card account and Asia Miles membership account through Asia Miles Limited.
11. The Bank reserves the right not to award any Miles if a Card account is invalid or not in good financial standing, or if a Cardholder has failed to pay any minimum payment due on or before the due date specified in the relevant monthly statement in the preceding 12 months.
12. The Bank reserves the right to alter or terminate this Rewards Scheme and amend the terms and conditions herein at any time, including, but not limited to, the Miles earning rate. In case of disputes, the decision of the Bank shall be final and binding.
13. These terms and conditions should be read together with the Client Terms and the applicable documents referred to in Part A of the Client Terms including the Credit Card Terms that form the banking agreement between the Bank and the Cardholders.
14. These terms and conditions shall be governed in accordance with the laws of the Hong Kong SAR and the Cardholders irrevocably submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the competent court of the Hong Kong SAR.
15. If there is any inconsistency or conflict between English and Chinese versions of these terms and conditions, the English version shall prevail.