- The Preferential Savings Interest Rate Offer is only applicable to new clients who did not hold any deposit account, including Savings Account, Current/ Cheque Account, Integrated Deposits Account and Time Deposit Account, with Standard Chartered Bank (Hong Kong) Limited in the past 12 months from the date of the current submission of an application for an Integrated Deposit Account via SC Mobile.
- SC Pay (FPS) and Scan & Pay are only applicable to payees who have registered for FPS service.
- Subject to the relevant Terms and Conditions, the maximum daily cardless withdrawal limit via QR Cash is HKD10,000 (or its equivalent in other currencies) unless the daily ATM withdrawal limit set by the client or the available credit limit of the client as determined by Standard Chartered Bank (Hong Kong) Limited (the “Bank“) is lower than that, in which case the lower limit shall apply.
- If clients have subscribed for “SMS Alerts” at Online Banking, clients may enable push notification in SC Mobile App so that the banking alerts that may originally be sent by SMS will be sent to clients via the Notification Hub in SC Mobile App. Those banking alerts include alerts in relation to bill payment, cash withdrawal, fund transfer, account purchase, cheque return of banking account(s) and credit card payment due date reminder.
- The service is applicable to clients with no other prearranged overdraft facility set up with any HKD Current Accounts. It applies to clearing cheques and autopay arrangement with the protection limit up to 95% of HKD deposits and 80% of foreign currency deposits excluding Renminbi deposits or the accumulated overdraft amount not exceeding HKD40,000, whichever is lower. HKD deposits include HKD savings, current, time deposits and deposits in the MoneyBuilder Savings Plan Account. Foreign currency deposits include savings and time deposits in AUD, CAD, CHF, EUR, GBP, JPY, NZD, USD currencies, and USD current account deposits. The service is not applicable to all staff of the Bank or any persons who have relationship with directors/controllers/employees with lending authority. The handling fee of Current Account Overdraft Protection is HKD120 per item for Easy Banking Clients.
- The preferential rate for the overdraft amount is Prime +4% p.a.
- For Online Unit Trusts 0% Subscription Fee Offer details, please refer to the Bank’s website sc.com/hk/investment/investment-fund-services/ and the terms and conditions of the reward set out on the website.
- The promotion period of the Online Foreign Exchange Promotion is from 1 July to 31 December 2021 (both dates inclusive). For details, please refer to the Bank’s website sc.com/hk/fx and the terms and conditions of the reward set out on the website.
- The waiver on account maintenance fee will be valid until further notice. The complete list of charges can be found in Service Charges Booklet, charges may be subject to change.
- Terms and Conditions apply for Allianz General Insurance Offer. For details, please call our Insurance hotline at 3408 1638 (Service hours: Monday to Friday 10am – 7pm, except public holidays) or refer to the Bank’s website sc.com/hk/insurance/general-insurance/.
- Policyholders must meet all the eligibility requirements set out under the Inland Revenue Ordinance and any guidance issued by the Inland Revenue Department of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region before they can claim the relevant tax relief. All of the above general tax information provided is for reference only. You should always consult with a professional tax advisor if you have any doubts. For further information on tax concessions applicable to PRURetirement Deferred Annuity Plan / VHIS plans, please refer to www.ia.org.hk/en or www.vhis.gov.hk/en/.
- The plan coverage of designated Qualifying Deferred Annuity Plan and Voluntary Health Insurance Scheme (VHIS) Series are subject to plans, please refer to relevant product brochure and policy document and read carefully.
- The maximum tax-deductible amount of each Hong Kong taxpayer is HKD60,000 per assessment year under salaries tax and personal assessment. This is an aggregate limit for both Qualified Deferred Annuity Plan and MPF Tax Deductible Voluntary Contribution annuity premium in aggregate. The total deduction of HK$120,000 can be divided among married couples, but both must be Hong Kong taxpayers, and the deduction applied by each taxpayer cannot exceed the personal limit. HK$8,000 is the upper limit of tax deduction for each insured person of approved products under the Voluntary Health Insurance Scheme.
- The promotion period is from 1 to 30 Nov 2021. The above promotion is subject to all the terms and conditions of the promotion. Premium refund of the first year annualised premium is available to clients who have successfully applied for the eligible plan(s) that meets the applicable requirements stated in the terms and conditions of the promotion. For premium refund details, please refer to the terms and conditions of the promotion.
- The illustration of tax savings for a married couple of HKD23,120 is calculated by (HKD68,000 x 2) x 17% where 17% represent the maximum tax-deductible amount and the current highest progressive tax rate respectively. However, please note that this is for illustration only; in particular, not every taxpayer will enjoy HKD23,120 in tax savings as the actual amount of tax savings varies, depending on, for example, the taxpayer’s net taxable income, applicable tax rate, tax allowances and deductions entitled as well as the premium amount of TVC, Qualified Deferred Annuity and Voluntary Health Insurance Scheme premiums, etc.
Smart Card Features
Ⓐ Promotion period: From the date of card issuance to 31 December 2021
Ⓑ Upon successfully signing up for and issued with a Standard Chartered Smart Credit Card, the Bank will rebate a certain percentage of the amount of the Eligible Transactions in the form of CashBack reward (“CashBack”) to the Card account as shown in the list below.
Ⓒ Eligible Transactions made at below merchants can earn HKD1 CashBack for every HKD20 spent (5% Cashback Percentage)
- DON DON DONKI
- 759 STORE
- Circle K Convenience Store
- PARKnSHOP and its designated retail stores (FUSION, TASTE, INTERNATIONAL, food le parc, GOURMET, GREAT FOOD HALL, SU-PA-DE-PA (applicable to Supermarket section only), EXPRESS and PARKnSHOP Frozen Food Stores outlets).
Ⓓ Other eligible transactions can earn HKD1 CashBack for every HKD180 spent (0.56% Cashback Percentage)
Ⓔ The maximum spending amount of Eligible Transactions that are made at Designated Merchants and qualified for the 5% CashBack Percentage is HKD60,000 per Card account within the promotion period. Any amount in excess will be counted as Other Eligible Transactions.
Ⓕ For more details, please refer to Standard Chartered Smart Credit Card Rewards Scheme Terms and Conditions.
Smart Card 3-month Interest-free Instalment
For spending amounts that are not eligible to earn CashBack (e.g. bill payment transactions made through Standard Chartered Online Banking), the Bank will also deduct HKD1 CashBack for every HKD180 instalment amount applied. Where there is insufficient CashBack balance on the 360° Rewards Redemption Platform for deduction, a negative balance will be displayed.