Details of documents required
A copy of your HKID card showing that you have permanent residency status.
Latest residential address proof issued within 3 months showing your name
Proof of your latest residential address in your name (valid within 3 months from the time of your application), eg utility bills, government rent or rates demand note, a copy of the tenancy agreement or rental receipt, any correspondence issued by any government department (eg a tax demand note issued by the Inland Revenue Department) or any public bodies to you
If the Borrower can only provide proof of the latest residential address in the name of other person (e.g. family member) living with the Borrower, the Borrower shall provide a declaration in Supplemental Information explaining the situation and provide a copy of bank statement issued to the Borrower in such residential address. Address proof is required in all cases.
Proofs of previous employment or business and main recurrent income
The Borrower shall provide the following documentary proofs of previous employment or business in Hong Kong and main recurrent income for at least three (3) months during the specified period between January 2020(##)and February 2022.
(##) In view of the fact that Borrower who became unemployed, laid-off or whose business ceased (for self-employed business owner) in the first quarter of 2020 may not be able to provide proof of employment or business and main current income for at least three months during the specified period, the Lender may exercise discretion in dealing with such cases by considering the Borrower’s proof of employment or business and main current income for at least the three (3) months between July 2019 and February 2022.
(1) Bank statements or passbook showing the autopay salary record (e.g. credit transaction with description of “salary”, “payroll”, employer’s name) for at least 3 months;
(2) Wage slips, wage receipts, or other documents (such as tax return or any official documents, e.g. termination letter, statement of final/severance payment showing the last salary and period of employment to the Borrower, annual statements for 2020 or 2021, or monthly contribution history of the MPF scheme or ORSO scheme) that can be relied on to confirm or deduce the daily or monthly wage in the 3 months (collectively, “wage confirmations”), issued by the current and/or former employer and supported by bank statement(s) or passbook showing record of bank transfer or deposits of cheque(s) or cash. For wage paid by cheques and the relevant wage confirmations are not available, a copy of the cleared cheques supported by proof of employment relationship between the Borrower and the cheque issuer(s);
(3) Bank statements or passbook (including statements or passbook(s) of major bank account(s) of the Borrower’s sole proprietorship, partnership, or privately owned limited liability company, if appropriate, or free-lancers) showing records of business transactions, and supported by proofs of business activities for any 3 months which generated the main recurrent incomes. Examples of proofs of business activities include sales or service contract(s), invoice(s), or other records or correspondence(s) confirming remunerated jobs or projects of the Borrower;
(4) Tax demand note (including tax demand note of the Borrower’s sole proprietorship, partnership, privately owned limited liability company, if applicable) for financial year 2019/2020 or 2020/2021 or 2021/2022 with assessment details.
Proofs of unemployment, laid-off or business cessation status
The Borrower shall provide documentary proofs of unemployment, laid-off or business cessation status
Unemployed, laid-off or cessation of business (for self-employed Borrower) for at least two (2) consecutive months at the time of loan application and can produce proof of loss of more than 50% main recurrent income from employment (not applicable to business owner) or loss of main recurrent incomes from business in Hong Kong.
(1) Bank statements or passbook of the Borrower’s main personal bank account(s) (and main business operating bank account(s) for self-employed business owner) for any 2 consecutive months issued within 3 months prior to the submission of loan application showing a loss of more than 50% main recurrent income from employment in Hong Kong (not applicable to business owners) or loss of main recurrent income from business in Hong Kong. Please note: Unless justified otherwise with proofs, the bank account shall be the same as that used to show the 3 months’ income proof.
(2) Applicable to self-employed business owners
Proof of filing of Notice of Cessation of Business to the Business Registration Office or completion of sale of sole proprietorship or partnership, or Form 1(a) or Form 1(c) of the Business Registration Office showing the Borrower ceased the business or ceased to be a sole proprietor or partner, as the case may be. Alternatively, the Borrower may provide (i) the latest statements or passbook of major bank account(s) (for 2 consecutive months issued within 3 months prior to the submission of this Loan Application) of the sole proprietorship, partnership, or privately owned limited liability company, as the case may be, showing no active account transactions arising from new business activities; (ii) the relevant Business Registration Certificate of the self-employed business; and (iii) provide a declaration (Supplemental Information and/or Declaration provided by the Borrower) of this Loan Application Form to provide an explanation for those non-business related transactions, if any, and provide supporting documents, where applicable.